Mirabó de Valldemossa
Style Sun-kissed 16th-century olive farm
Setting Verdant Valldemossa valleys
For the best Valldemossa views short of climbing in a helicopter, stay in the yellow-stone, palm-fringed Mirabó de Valldemossa, a scenic 16th-century olive farm. This boutique hotel with just nine bedrooms offers seclusion, romance and bonhomie in an idyllic milk-and-honey hued Mallorcan village. Expect warmth, wilderness and charm in abundance from this family-run retreat.
Need to know
- Rooms Nine, including one suite.
Double rooms from AU$231.53 (€173), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€173) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Gardens, library with DVDs and CDs, free WiFi throughout and parking. In rooms: standard TV, DVD and CD player.
- Poolside There is an outdoor pool, as well as a plunge pool for two.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 1pm.
- Children The stones, steps, pools and sheer drops mean children need constant supervising – Mirabó is not really designed for little ones.
- Also Obviously smokers can light up outside, and there are lots of cosy corners in which to indulge this vice.
- Hotel closed 9 December 2010 to 9 Feb 2011
Food and drink at Mirabó de Valldemossa
- Hotel restaurant The Mirabó restaurant is set within the main room of the old olive press, which still stands proud. The decor abounds with rustic simplicity and the various nooks and crannies are romantically kitted out with candles and spotlights. Cotton tablecloths and wrought iron chairs continue the cream, stone and metal theme – a contrast to the colourful Mediterranean cuisine served up here. Go for jewel-bright paella, try the seafood frito or feast upon roasted lamb shoulder, teamed with a spicy Spanish red.
- Dress code Anything goes, as long as you’re clothed.
- Top table There are just five tables to choose from in this cosy space but history buffs and the curious might want to nestle by the press.
- Last orders Breakfast is served at a very reasonable 8.30pm–11.30am, lunch is from 1pm–3pm and dinner is dished out from 7pm–9.30pm.
- Room service No room service as such but the honesty bar is stacked with a bounty of snacks and spirits, along with a Nespresso machine.
- Hotel bar The honesty bar in the kitchenette is a well-stocked delight. Rustle up your own cocktail with all the trimmings (or sample wine from the family vineyard), jot down your tipple in the notepad and meander into the living room to sip your drink fireside.
Mirabó de Valldemossa Son Mirabo S.L., Ctra. Valldemossa km 16, Mallorca Balearic Islands, 07170
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Mirabó de Valldemossa
A bottle of red, white or rosé from the hotel's vineyard
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Follow the stone steps that lead through the pebble- and flower-strewn garden and bed down in El Porche de las Ovejas, split off from the main building. This spacious mini kingdom was once home to some very lucky ewes and rams but don’t let this put you off, there’s no trace of furry, four-legged friends amid the less-is-more decor. You get first dibs on the terrace outside your room, which overlooks the grounds and has stunning Valldemossa views; the perfect place to top up your blossoming tan.
Bring your conversational charm and some stories for the warm and welcoming manager, Antonio. A classic read will stand you in good stead at the poolside and you might want some spare euros to light a candle for resident saint La Beata.
If you’re missing your own four-legged housemates, befriend the lovable resident labrador.