This legal statement contains information on the following:
2. Booking terms and conditions
3. Conditions of purchase
4. Delivery and returns policy
5. Smith membership terms and conditions
6. Voucher/gift card/loyalty money terms and conditions
7. Wedding lists
This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it in order to satisfy your booking or purchase requirements. It also outlines the security measures we take in order to protect your privacy and gives certain assurances on things that we will not do.
When you place an order or book a hotel, we collect your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and credit card information. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
Use of information
We will use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
• to advise you of any changes or problems with your hotel booking
• to help us to administer accounts, services and products which we offer
• to help detect fraud or loss
• to advise you if you have won any competition or prize giveaway
• to write to you (including electronic mail) or to telephone you (including SMS) with information about our services or products or offers from the hotels participating in the Mr & Mrs Smith guides or website.
To change the personal details we hold about you, visit your profile, or write to us at the address at the bottom of this page.
Disclosure of information
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to other companies without your prior consent. We do not sell mailing lists to third parties. If you do not wish to receive the members' newsletter, you can unsubscribe or amend your preferences here.
Protection of information
We maintain strict security measures in order to protect personal information. This includes following certain procedures, for example encrypting data on our websites and in order to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
If you communicate with us via the internet then we may occasionally use email to contact you about our services and products. When you first provide personal information to our website we will normally give you the opportunity to indicate whether you would prefer us not to contact you in this way. However, you can always send us an email at any time to change your preferences.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. These allow us to store your account information and provide features to make browsing and booking hotels on our website easier. Most browsers allow the cookie function to be turned off. If you want to know how to do this look at the help menu on your browser.
Smith Global Ltd
Barley Mow Centre
10 Barley Mow Passage
Data protection registration: Z243299X
We may amend this policy from time to time, in which case the amended version will be published on our website. This policy applies to personal information held about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations.
This website may contain links to other websites. Such links are provided solely as a convenience for you. Smith Global Ltd is not responsible for the security practices of such websites.
Please read these conditions carefully. By purchasing an item via mrandmrssmith.com, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
This section deals with conditions relating to the sale of products by Smith Global Ltd to you.
When you place an order to purchase a product from Smith Global Ltd, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us. When you make a booking, you are entering into a contract with the hotel via Smith Global Ltd, not with Smith Global Ltd itself.
Delivery charges, gift wrapping and other services
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is defective, we will be happy to refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and your costs in returning it to us. Where you are withdrawing from your purchase within the seven working days cooling-off period, we will also refund the normal postage charge for the delivery of that item but we cannot refund any priority, express or courier component of the postage charge. You will be responsible for those charges and the costs of any other services provided to you in connection with your purchase, for example gift wrapping.
When ordering goods from Smith Global Ltd for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from Smith Global Ltd, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Your privacy is important to us and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. We would like our international customers and customers dispatching products internationally to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
Please review our returns policy, which applies to products purchased from us. You are entitled to a statutory cooling-off period of seven business days. This applies to items purchased from Smith Global Ltd. Specific rules apply regarding refunds of delivery charges, gift wrapping and other services: see above.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
How to return an item
Please follow the steps below to enable us to process your refund efficiently:
• Fill out your details on the back of the delivery slip, giving the reason for the return. Please include your order number
• If you do not have the original delivery slip, please send us a note detailing the reason for return. This note MUST include your order number, which you will be able to find in the confirmation email sent to you directly after purchase.
• In the case of a faulty product, please provide a full description of the fault in the space provided on the delivery slip
• Wrap the item securely in its original packaging (if any)
• Then send the package to the address below:
Smith Global Ltd (Returns Department)
Barley Mow Centre
10 Barley Mow Passage
We will notify you via email when we have processed your refund. For your protection we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service.
Membership can be obtained by signing up online, by booking through Smith, entering a competition, making a purchase from the gift shop, or by registering the card that comes with every Smith guidebook purchased.
Smith members are eligible for several types of offers. Smith extras are additional gifts or services provided by the hotel for anyone booking that hotel through the Mr & Mrs Smith website or Travel Team. Hotel offers, such as free nights, reduced rates, or other special deals are available for limited periods and may be booked online or through the Smith Travel Team (firstname.lastname@example.org; 0845 034 0700 or +44 20 8987 4312). Please note that the Smith extra may not be available in conjunction with hotel offers – see the individual offer for details. Shopping offers are subject to the terms and conditions of the offer provider – see individual offers for details. Smith members may receive hotel vouchers during promotional periods; the use of these is restricted to one voucher per member and one voucher per booking. All offers are subject to availability.
Any hotel participating in an offer to Smith members must agree to honour the offer (subject to availability).
Smith members receive a monthly newsletter, Room Service, which includes updated offers and competitions. Your email address is not sold to or shared with third parties for marketing purposes but we may invite other companies to participate in our newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe, you can do so here.
If you lose your personalised SilverSmith or GoldSmith card or if it is destroyed, we are happy to provide you with a replacement card. Replacement cards are charged at £10. To request a new card, please email email@example.com
Alteration of service or amendments to the conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these conditions of purchase at any time. You will be subject to the policies and conditions of conditions of purchase in force at the time that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All non-promotional vouchers/gift cards are purchased at their full face value in order to be valid.
Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to refuse redemption of vouchers if they believe that the vouchers have been obtained by fraudulent means.
Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money
Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money are redeemable for stays at hotels in the Mr & Mrs Smith collection when booking via the Mr & Mrs Smith website or the Mr & Mrs Smith Travel Team. Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money are not redeemable directly with hotels or in any way with hotels that are not part of the Smith collection.
Loyalty money is given on all hotel stays booked through mrandmrssmith.com or through our Travel Team. Loyalty money is not given on any bookings made directly with hotels.
When a hotel stay has been part-paid using loyalty money, further rewards will only be accrued on the portion that has been paid for in cash or by debit/credit card.
Hotel stays paid in whole or part with a voucher/gift card or loyalty money must be pre-paid in their entirety at the point of booking (except when the value of the voucher/gift card or loyalty money is less than the deposit amount). Though we understand that this can sometimes be a slight inconvenience, this is the best way of ensuring there is no confusion over payment when you check out at the end of your stay.
A single-use voucher/gift card can only be used once.
Vouchers/gift cards are valid for 12 months after purchase. Loyalty money is valid for 24 months from completion of the qualifying stay after which it will automatically expire. Bookings must be made within this time, but stays can be taken outside of the validity period.
Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money are redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
Any outstanding unused credit will be held against the unique voucher/gift card code until used or the voucher/gift card/loyalty money expires.
Where a refund is applicable for cancelled bookings, the amount paid with vouchers/loyalty money will be refunded by the same method.
Vouchers/gift cards/loyalty money cannot be exchanged for cash.
Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to decline to accept vouchers/gift cards where, in its opinion, a voucher/gift card is invalid for the booking being made.
Lost or misplaced vouchers/gift cards may be replaced subject to submission of proof of purchase, and the purchaser’s confirmation of the voucher’s/gift card’s intended recipient.
A promotional voucher is an entitlement to a discount (up to the amount stated) off a qualifying booking for a promotional period.
1. Promotional vouchers cannot be used for bookings made directly with our hotels.
2. Vouchers have a cash value of £0.001 and are not transferable or assignable and cannot be sold at auction.
3. Each voucher can only be used once and may not be used for multiple bookings on consecutive nights at the same hotel.
4. Only one voucher can be used per booking.
5. Only one voucher can be redeemed per household.
6. When using a voucher, the full balance of the booking is payable at the time the order is placed unless the voucher value is lower than the deposit due.
7. Vouchers are valid for new bookings only.
8. A minimum stay or minimum spend may be applicable in order for a voucher to be valid (see individual vouchers for details).
9. Vouchers cannot be used with any other promotion or offer.
10. Vouchers are redeemable only against accommodation costs. They may not be redeemed against incidental hotel costs or additional services.
9. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to refuse redemption of vouchers if they believe that they are being used by someone other than the intended recipient.
11. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to decline to accept vouchers where, in its opinion, a voucher is invalid for the booking being made.
12. Mr & Mrs Smith reserves the right to cancel a promotion at any time.
13. Mr & Mrs Smith shall not be liable to any customer for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of a promotional voucher or any failure or inability of a customer to use a promotional voucher for any reason.
14. We have the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
1. Wedding lists will be closed on the last working day before the wedding day.
2. Contributions may only be used to pay for hotel accommodation, and do not include transport, food, beverages or activities.
3. Payment for hotel accommodation can only be made using the wedding list once it has been closed. If you book a hotel requiring prepayment before the list closes, the prepayment amount will be refunded once the list is closed.
4. Bookings made before a wedding list is closed are made under normal booking conditions and policies. Wedding list contributions cannot be used to cover any deposits required before the wedding list is closed.
5. A Smith voucher will be created for any unused amount in your wedding list once hotel accommodation has been paid. This will be valid for one year (see voucher terms and conditions above)
6. If there is not a sufficient amount to cover the entire cost of your hotel accommodation, the remaining amount will be charged on check-out.
7. You will be contacted by email one week before your list closes with a breakdown of wedding list payments.
8. If you have not made a booking by the time your wedding list closes you will be sent an e-voucher within 24 business hours for the total amount of contributions made. This will be valid for one year (see voucher terms and conditions above).
Our company details
Smith Global Ltd is the company behind Mr & Mrs Smith.
This website is owned and operated by Smith Global Ltd.
Smith Global Ltd
Registered address: White Hart Associates LLP
109 South Worple Way
Company registration: 443 8845
Registered in the UK
VAT registration: 802 5618 50
For more information, visit our contact page.