Style Metropolitan merchant’s mansion
Setting Sóller’s mountain-shaded streets
Tucked away on a quiet road in the mountain-valley town of Sóller, this boutique hotel in Mallorca is a breath of cool fresh air. Arty decor and funky lighting play against restored ceiling mouldings and wrought-iron balustrades, giving this 1900s mansion a shot of Ibizan house-party cool. L'Avenida is the perfect location for lazing by the pool, sunsets by the sea, and exploring the jasmine-scented groves of the Tramuntana.
Need to know
- Rooms 12, including four suites.
Double rooms from AU$321.21 (€245), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€245) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Sun terrace, lounge bar, library of books, CDs/DVDs, games (Scrabble, backgammon etc). In rooms, minibar, flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, WiFi, AC, safe, hand-blended organic toiletries, waffle robes and slippers.
- Poolside The blue-tiled outdoor swimming pool is flanked by black decking dotted with inviting sun-loungers and linen-covered couches. It’s a little overlooked by neighbouring houses at the back, but you won’t care about that when the sun is out.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible on request and subject to availability.
- Children Over-14s are welcome; however, L’Avenida is more of a grown-up getaway.
- Also There’s a three-night minimum stay in high season. In-room aromatherapy, massages and beauty treatments are available – book in advance. The property is non-smoking, but you can light up on the balcony or the terrace.
Food and drink at L'Avenida
The hotel's outdoor L’Avenida Bistro is open for lunch 1–3.30pm Monday to Saturday from mid-April to mid-September, and serves an eclectic mix of Modern Mediterranean dishes. A laid-back buffet brunch is served on Sundays, 1.30–4pm. For dinner, ask the hotel's staff for recommendations: they can often secure reservations at even the hottest local restaurants.
- Dress code Holiday hip (or hiking hip, if that’s your bag).
- Top table A candlelit table for two outside on the terrace.
- Room service Drinks are available 24 hours a day; for snacks, your complimentary minibar will be restocked daily.
During summer, drinks are served on the terrace overlooking the pool. In winter, sip cocktails in the cosy library.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
L'Avenida 9 Gran Via, Sóller, Mallorca Balearic Islands, 07100
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at L'Avenida
A bottle of cava on arrival; members booking a Luxury Suite will also get 10 per cent off their lunch bill
Current offers at L'Avenida
Offers at L'Avenida
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The higher you go, the better the views: try to get a room on the first or second floor for the best mountain-enhanced vistas. Spacious Luxury Suites 3 (first floor) and 7 (second floor) have four-poster beds and freestanding roll-top tubs, and look out across the street to pretty gardens and mountains beyond – the view from Suite 7’s bathroom is our favourite. Junior Suite 2 on the first floor has pool and mountain views through French windows from its king-size bed. Of the smaller rooms, we love dinky beamed Standard Double 9 in the attic, and Superior Double 4, with views from its bedroom and bathroom windows. Room 5 is a split-level Mezzanine Double with a platform bed.
Bikinis and beach kit: the nearest sandy stretch is only 10 minutes away. Trainers/boots for cycling and walking.
Owners Tania and Paul can arrange fantastic activities, including guided mountain hikes, wine tasting and helicopter tours.