Style Retro beachside villas
Setting Pristine north shores
Resembling a traditional Thai village, this unusual beachfront resort is at first glance little more than a scattering of dinky wooden huts. Closer up, however, it’s clear Koh Phi Phi boutique hotel Zeavola has been cleverly designed to mask all-mod-con luxury with a veneer of rustic island charm.
Need to know
- Rooms 52 freestanding villas.
Double rooms from $236.12 (THB7,052), excluding tax at 17.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB7,052) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities PADI dive centre, spa, boutique (with free WiFi), valet laundry service, DVD library. In rooms: TV, DVD player.
- Poolside Almost completely hidden by shrubbery, the small pool is lined with wooden loungers and lights up romantically at dusk.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children Zeavola is mainly a couple’s retreat, but extra beds can be provided for THB1,500 a night (THB750 for six- to 12-year-olds).
Food and drink at Zeavola
- Hotel restaurant Thai meals are served in Baxil, the largest building in Zeavola – all rustic wood and rural retro. Down by the beach, open-air Tacada offers international flavours in a more relaxed setting, to the sound of waves crashing on the sand.
- Dress code Light silks and sarongs.
- Top table Tacada’s candlelit dinner platforms on the sand offer unparalleled romantic seclusion.
- Last orders Both the restaurants and the bar stop serving at 10.30pm.
- Room service 24 hours.
- Hotel bar Attached to Tacada, Zeavola’s bar is an alfresco chill-out zone lightly lilted with lounge music.
Zeavola 11 Moo 8, Laem Tong, Koh Phi Phi, Ao Nang, Krabi, Koh Phi Phi, 81000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Zeavola
Chocolates in a traditional Thai box and a 25 per cent discount on spa treatments
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The beachfront villas offer the most romantic accommodation, and villa 51, the closest to the sea, is the one to plump for. All Zeavola’s villas are fashioned entirely from teak and coloured with warm umber hues. Any vestiges of modern life are cunningly concealed inside traditional Thai furniture – the TV is housed in a cupboard; the light-switches are found in a jewellery box.
Don’t bother with shoes or sandals – the whole of Zeavola is set on the sand and you can saunter everywhere barefoot. Insect repellent is provided, but if you’re a mosquito snack-bar, you may want to pack some industrial-strength Deet.
Scuba training and diving excursions operate from Zann Zanook, the hotel’s activity centre, which also runs speedboat sightseeing trips around the islands.
From the Guestbook…
Zeavola has plenty of rustic charm and is great for those wanting to get away from it all. Service is friendly when offered but seemingly low staff levels mean it can be tough to o...more