Style Sand-circled garden pavilions
Setting Sun-kissed limestone peninsula
Nature gave this Krabi boutique hotel three white-sand beaches and cinematic limestone cliff-sides, but it’s the Rayavadee’s owners that have given it four gorgeous restaurants, lush landscaped gardens and a reputation for all-out tropical indulgence.
Need to know
- Rooms 98 one- and two-bedroom pavilions and four beachfront villas.
Double rooms from $648.45 (THB19,400), excluding tax at 17.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB19,400) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast and Krabi airport transfers.
- Facilities Spa, tennis and squash courts, gym, watersports and activities centres, billiards table, table tennis, jogging path, games room, boutique, library with CDs, DVDs and free WiFi. In rooms: TV, DVD/CD player, Erb toiletries, minibar, free bottled water.
- Poolside The large lagoon-style infinity pool is encircled by verdant landscaped gardens and looks out onto the sea.
- Check-out Noon, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 11am (2pm is standard).
- Children Welcome: baby cots are free, and extra beds for older children are available for THB2,450 a child a night. Babysitting can be arranged with hotel staff for THB350 a child an hour, with two days' notice.
- Also Smoking is allowed in designated outdoor areas and in the four restaurants. All pavilions are non-smoking.
Food and drink at Rayavadee
- Hotel restaurant There are four eateries: Raya Dining caters to Western palates; Krua Phranang is the best choice for scrumptious Thai seafood dinners by the beach; Raitalay Terrace is for daytime snacking and evening meals by the pool; and the Grotto offers light bites in a spectacular limestone cavern, with special seafood barbecues several times a week.
- Dress code Resting millionaire – loose shirts and linen jackets.
- Top table The 24-hour private-dining service means you and your Mr/Mrs can enjoy intimate eating when and where you wish – go for a starlit beach barbecue.
- Last orders Three of the restaurant kitchens close at 10.30pm, although dinner and drinks are served until 11pm. The Grotto stays open until 8pm.
- Room service Available 24 hours, with breakfast options, Thai and international snacks and larger dishes, barbecue fare and desserts.
- Hotel bar There’s a bar in each of the four restaurants, with signature drinks at each one, but the Grotto is the most romantic environment to sip a long, cool cocktail at sunset.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Rayavadee 214 Moo 2, Tambon Ao-Nang, Amphoe Maung, Krabi, 81000, Thailand, Krabi, 81000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Rayavadee
A bottle of sparkling wine, a special first-night flower bath and a Rayavadee signature gift on departure (a jute box containing a salt and oil scrub pack, shampoo, conditioner, body and hand soap, and Yai-buab)
In the know
Our favourite rooms
To add lashings of romance to your stay, opt for a garden-endowed Spa Pavilion and bubble away in the outdoor Jacuzzi. Rayavadee’s mushroom-like pavilions all have two floors, large couple’s bath tubs and snuggly-cushioned wooden swings instead of sofas.
Don’t forget your sea legs and anti-nausea tablets if you plan to leave the resort – the only way to get anywhere is by boat. If hanging off craggy cliffs is your thing, make space for your climbing shoes.
Rayavadee runs countless trips and excursions, including island visits, scuba trips, sea kayaking and snorkelling. However, lounging in your pavilion watching the local monkeys misbehaving can be equally entertaining.
From the Guestbook…
The hotel was very good but we feel the three beautiful beaches were a misrepresentation. One was ...more