Style Canapés under the canopies
Setting Misty mountains
At the foothills of the UNESCO-protected Khao Yai National Park within a two- to three-hour drive of Bangkok, boutique hotel Muthi Maya's ochre-hued private pool villas look out over majestic mountains and forests. Play a round of golf, hit the spa or embark upon a jungle adventure – the ideal escape from the capital's manic buzz.
Need to know
- Rooms 50 pool villas.
Double rooms from $207.64 (THB6,410), excluding tax at 17 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB6,410) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities WiFi throughout, CD/DVD library, Jack Nicklaus-designed 18-hole golf course with club house, locker rooms, pro shop and driving range, gym, spa and beauty salon, gardens. In rooms: flatscreen cable TV, CD/DVD player, minibar, air-conditioning.
- Poolside Day-beds overlook the serene 30-metre-long infinity pool.
- Check-out 12pm, but it's possible to check out any time until 6pm for an extra half-day rate, subject to availability. Check-in, 2pm.
- Children Welcome; baby cots are free and extra beds for older children cost THB1,400. More...
- Also Sister hotel, Kirimaya, is a five-minute drive or 20-minute stroll away. Tee off on the par-72, Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course, but try not to get distracted by the views.
Food and drink at Muthi Maya
- Hotel restaurant Located above the grand lobby and resembling a Bhutanese lodge, open-sided Myth is stylish mix of dark wood, burnished copper and colonial accents – not to mention spectacular views of the surrounding countryside. The Italian menu offers classics such as insalata di ruccola alongside the tongue-twisting but delicious costoletta d’agnello ricoperte con erbe fini, or herb-crusted lamb cutlets.
- Dress code Relaxed chic – flowing maxis and casual linen, with a cover-up for fresh evenings.
- Top table Book a private dinner at your villa or opt for one of the romantic poolside cabanas.
- Last orders Myth Bar & Restaurant shuts up shop at 11pm.
- Room service 6am–midnight (last orders at 11pm).
- Hotel bar Myth doubles as the place to relax after hours, with its uninterrupted views of the national park and live music.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Muthi Maya 1/3 Moo 6, Thanarat Road, Moo-Si, Pakchong, Nakorn Ratchasima, Thailand, 30130
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Muthi Maya
A bottle of red or white house wine; 20 per cent off spa treatments and food and drink in the hotel restaurants and bar (excluding room-service alcohol); 50 per cent off green fees
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All the villas have the same elegant but unfussy modern Thai design – textured walls, bamboo and teak panels, natural-toned and russet silks and linens – complete with separate living room, mini-kitchen, marble-clad bathroom, terrace and plunge pool. If you want absolute privacy, or are a golf fan, the rooms overlooking the course are furthest from the lobby and restaurant.
Warm sweater or pashmina for chilly evenings, your Polo Ralph Lauren golf attire, and binoculars for observing elephants.
If you're not in the mood to mix with other guests, the villas have personal butlers on 24-hour call. They can organise just about everything, including private dinners in your villa, whipped up by a personal chef, and in-room spa treatments (both cost extra).