Conti di San Bonifacio Wine Resort
Style Restyled rustic farmhouse
Setting Tumbling Tuscan hills
This restored stone farmhouse sits in the middle of gorgeously green lands under the Tuscan sun. Conti di San Bonifacio is a working farm and wine estate where tables display wines straight from the vineyards for guests to taste and all of the space has a designer finish. It’s a rustic retreat that will feel like your own rural outpost – hire all five rooms and pretend you live on your own winery (one with magnificent views from every angle).
Need to know
- Rooms Five, including three suites.
Double rooms from $303.67 (€227), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€227) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, outdoor pool, CD/DVD and book library. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, organic local toiletries made from asses’ milk and honey.
- Check-out 11am but flexible. Earliest check-in, 3.30pm.
- Children Extra beds are €50 a night; cots are €30. Babysitting with a local nanny can be provided with 24 hours’ notice. The restaurant has a children’s menu.
- Also Dogs are welcome in the Junior Suite, which has direct access to the garden.
Food and drink at Conti di San Bonifacio Wine Resort
- Hotel restaurant The restaurant serves classic Italian dishes – osso buco, wild boar alla cacciatora and tortelli Maremmani (a Tuscan dish with ricotta and spinach). The candlelit tables are dressed with crisp white linens and stemware, and you might be seated on a Bauhaus chair from the Twenties. Your hosts will take any dietary requirements into account when considering the daily menus – and requests are welcome.
- Dress code There’s no need to dress up for dinner – this rustic retreat will feel like home.
- Top table All of the tables have views out to the pool and vineyards through the arched windows; in summer, gather around the large wooden table outside on the veranda to enjoy them even more.
- Last orders Dinner is served until 9pm.
- Hotel bar There’s no bar but guests can help themselves to any of the different wines at the tasting tables.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Conti di San Bonifacio Wine Resort Societa' Agricola Poggio Divino , Localita' Casteani 1, Gavorrano, Italy, 58023
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Conti di San Bonifacio Wine Resort
Two glasses of Conti Di San Bonifacio Estate prosecco and and a platter of cold meats
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love Room 1, a Suite, for one simple reason – it’s huge. Three of the walls have windows, there’s a huge four-poster bed delicately draped in muslin and a huge bath in the huge bathroom. For lots of natural light in a smaller space, pick Junior Suite, Room 3 – plenty of windows, and a freestanding claw-foot bath tub in the black-, gold- and silver-speckled bathroom. Olive Grove Suites 4 and 5 both open directly onto the garden.
Your sommelier’s nose for sampling the wine; some chic linens you won’t mind getting a bit dirty in the Tuscan countryside.