- Style Understated glamour
- Setting Private bayside
The international jet-set comes to Thai boutique hotel Trisara because there’s nowhere else quite like it. Set over a private bay along Phuket's less developed north-west coast, each suite or villa has a jaw-dropping ocean view, its own pool and is a sanctuary of good taste. Its Sanskrit name means 'Third Garden in Heaven', and the exclusivity and top-notch service more than live up to it.
Need to know
- Rooms 39 pool rooms, suites and villas, plus 15 two- to six-bedroom units.
- Rates Double rooms from $910.00, excluding tax at 18.7 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast (except during peak season) and airport transfers.
- Facilities Free broadband internet in rooms and some public areas, library of books, CDs, DVDs and board games, spa, gym, tennis courts, gift shops, gardens. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD players, minibar, own-label natural toiletries.
- Poolside A fabulous 45m saltwater lap pool stretches along the resort’s beachfront, surrounded by inviting day-beds and sunloungers.
- Check–out Noon, but flexible subject to availability. Check-in, 2pm.
Children Baby cots provided and beds for under-12s are free (breakfast is US$18); extra bed and breakfast for over-12s, US$125. Trisara is one of the few high-end resorts with a kids club, and babysitting is also available with staff at $20 an hour.
- Eco‐friendly Trisara supports the Keep Phuket Clean campaign, including regular beach clean-ups; catches rainwater for use in gardens and rooms; uses air-con energy to heat water in villas, and avoids chemical treatments for its saltwater pools and mosquitos.
- Also 21 December–10 January, a 10-night minimum stay applies.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Each super-tasteful suite or villa has a jaw-dropping ocean view and its own pool. If pushed to choose one, Ocean Front Pool Villa 407 sits right on the seafront, so you have undisturbed vistas and utter privacy. Bathrooms throughout are divine: surrounded by leafy gardens with huge baths, sofas and sexy outdoor showers.
- Packing tips A versatile camera to capture both the dazzling sunsets and lively underwater world.
- Also Trisara’s spa is drop-dead gorgeous, offering private treatment suites with sea views that open out to breezy pavilions and gardens. Indulge in a signature, six-handed ‘Royal Trisara’ massage, which involves pampering by three therapists. Active types can also enjoy tennis coaching on two floodlit championship courts, hire a jet ski, kayak or dive gear, or charter one of Trisara’s yachts for a romantic cruise around Phuket and the local islands.
Food and drink at Trisara
- Hotel restaurant The people at Trisara are reluctant to brag, but the restaurant really is one of the best on Phuket. An elegant space, it’s set to one side of a cascading waterfall, with the bar on the other, but sit on the palm-shaded deck to lap up the beachfront ambience. The first-rate menu spans ultra-fresh Thai and international food, and arguably the best pad thai you’ll ever taste. There are also beach barbecues in the cool season. In 2012, Trisara Seafood opened on the beachfront. Relax under the palms or in the cool, Mediterranean-inspired interior while enjoying simply prepared, incredibly fresh fruits de mer.
- Dress code Tory Birch kaftan, Zimmerman swimwear and Havaianas by day; Missoni at night.
- Top table The middle table of the front row has a picture-postcard view, but arrive early as you can’t book ahead.
- Last orders Dinner is served from 5.30pm–11pm; the bar is open till midnight, but will keep pouring until the last guest leaves.
- Room service Available 24 hours, of course, mirroring the full range of menus, wines and drinks on offer at Trisara's bars and restaurants.
- Hotel bar Overlooking the pool and beach, Trisara’s bar exudes masculine chic and a laid-back, clubby atmosphere. Its charcoal and aubergine palette is funked up with dusky pink hanging lanterns and a chill-out soundtrack.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details