Style Dolce vita villas
Setting Sunflower-studded Tuscan fields
This boutique Tuscan villa near Siena and Florence is sister to super-stylish Villa Fontelunga and provides self-catering at its sexiest. Contemporary, but distinctly rustic and Italian, incorporating sophisticated design embellishments. The hotel is two minutes’ drive away, offering a full concierge service.
Need to know
- Rates information Week from €2,990 to €4,250.
- Ideal for Friends and families.
- Sleeps 2-4
- Property style Contemporary country house
- Grounds Landscaped gardens, a terrace and stunning infinity pool with dramatic views over the countryside.
- Minimum hire Three days (from €750 to €1,900) except during peak season (Easter, July, August and September) when minimum hire is seven nights.
- Children The property can provide high chairs, cots, and babysitters if required.
- Booking process Smith deposit taken when you book.
- Also Well-behaved pets can join the party, but they must respect the furnishings.
All rooms have air conditioning and are decorated in a chic country-cottage style.
Bedroom 1: Overlooking the swimming pool, there's a freestanding bath in the bedroom and an ensuite shower room.
Bedroom 2: This double-aspect, Juliet-balconied, bedroom has the possibility to be made up as a twin; it has an ensuite bathroom with French doors onto the garden.
- Kitchen The villa may have a rustic elegance, but be assured this kitchens is pure 21st century: dishwasher, microwave and Nespresso machine.
- Living room There is a split-level open-plan kitchen and living area with an open fire.
- Dining room The dining area forms part of the kitchen adding a Sixties flavour thanks to a circular table, pendant light fitting and contemporary chairs.
- Poolside A 10mx5m swimming pool is shared with Villa Galletto and sits amid a pretty walled herb and rose garden, overlooking sprawling wheat and corn fields.
- Gardens Both cottages have two terraces one over looking the swimming pool with sun beds and one in each of the cottages private gardens with a garden table and chairs.
- Private parking Villa Gallo has parking for two cars.
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Villa Gallo
A bottle of prosecco and a bottle of extra-virgin olive oil from the hotel's own olive groves.
In the know
Eating and drinking
There is a welcome hamper of pasta, pasta sauce, biscuits, coffee, tea, milk, some jams, orange juice, fresh bread, two bottles of wine and water; in the larder there are essentials such as sugar, balsamic vinegar, flour, pepper and their home made olive oil and Tuscan salt. The freezer is stashed with croissants, which just need 20 minutes in the oven to achieve pastry perfection.
The bedroom and bathroom are cleaned daily; the rest of the property and the kitchen can be given a tidy up for a small extra charge.
There is a CD player and iPod dock. There is satellite TV and DVDs are available on request.
Guests can use the villa’s mountain bikes for excursions.
Maybe leave the laptop at home – this is somewhere to switch off. There isn’t any automatic Wifi but if you really need an internet connection they can get you an Internet Key for €60/week.