Staying Cool Manchester
Style Urban style
Setting Central Manchester
If you haven’t visited Manchester for a while, you’ll be amazed at the transformation; there’s a stylish new look to the city’s skyline and an energy that would give Vera Duckworth palpitations. Staying Cool’s collection of sleek urban apartments is in the heart of the action; each is individually styled, with retro design touches such as Arne Jacobsen chairs and Nesso lamps. The groups of apartments range from one to three bedrooms, at four locations around the city centre. Beetham Tower, The Edge, Castlefield and Hill Quays are the perfect base from which to explore the metropolitan hub of Manchester.
Need to know
- Rates information £119–£305 a night depending on whether it's a one-, two-, or three-bedroomed apartment.
- Ideal for City breaks, culture, nightlife and restaurants
- Sleeps Castlefield has 5 double-bedroom apartments and 1 three-bedroom apartment that sleeps 6. The Edge has 3 double-bedroom apartments. One-bedroom Lulu is a bijou fifth-floor bunk-up in a former factory in Castlefield.
- Property style Contemporary apartments
- Grounds There's a sheltered garden at Castlefield that can be used by all the surrounding apartments, including Staying Cool guests.
- Minimum hire 14 nights.
- Children Welcome. The three-bedroom Castlefield Timber Wharf is more spacious. Edge 1 and 2, and Box Works 1 also have sofa beds.
- Booking process Smith deposit taken when you book. A 10 per cent non-refundable deposit of the full reservation fee is payable on booking. The balance is due on the last day of your stay.
- Also Smoking is not allowed in the apartments. All Staying Cool's apartments are in residential blocks so inviting a few dozen friends over for a riotous party won't go down well.
- Most apartments have one double bedroom, but as there are several apartments in each development at either end of the city centre, they're also great for groups of friends.
All apartments have king-size beds with Ultimate pocket-sprung mattresses. These were apparently designed by NASA and are frankly so comfortable we think that they’re worth going to the moon and back for.
- Kitchen The fully equipped kitchens have AEG halogen cookers and microwaves, fridge-freezers, dishwashers, washing machine/tumble dryers, juicers and coffee machines. Staying Cool rightly believes life isn't worth living without luxury.
- Living room TV, DVD and an Apple Mac computer with iTunes. Each apartment has its own style but all are contemporary. There’s a ‘style bible’ in each apartment which details the design features – very handy if you find yourself lusting after a Nesso lamp.
- Dining room All apartments have a dining table but if you have rented several apartments and want to dine en masse, one of the local restaurants would be more suitable.
- Gardens Each of the Staying Cool apartments has a balcony and there are communal gardens at Castlefield and The Edge. These are urban gardens, so don’t expect a croquet lawn! They are sheltered though, and very pleasant when the sun shines.
- Private parking There’s secure private parking for each apartment underneath both the Castlefield and Cathedral Quarter buildings. You must take your car out of the car park before you check out unless you have a pre-agreed late check-out.
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Staying Cool Manchester
A complimentary bottle of champagne for each couple
In the know
Eating and drinking
The dining tables in Edge 3, Box Works 2 and Moho 1 have space for four guests, while Timber Wharf and Box Works 1 can accommodate six diners. All apartments have fully equipped kitchens and Staying Cool can provide a variety of meals and stock the fridge on request. There is a local restaurant delivery service from 6pm, too. The reception at The Edge apartments can receive deliveries and leave them in your apartment if you are out. Sainsbury’s (www.sainsburys.co.uk), Tesco (www.tesco.com) and Waitrose (www.ocado.com) deliver for a maximum £5 charge. Staying Cool recommends City Servants, which delivers alcoholic drinks and a local restaurant menu service from 9am–11pm on weekdays and 4pm–11pm at weekends (+44 (0)161 236 3111, www.movie2u.co.uk).
Towels are changed mid-week. Daily housekeeping can be provided at £15 per apartment.
You can play CDs via the Mac Mini or listen to iTunes compilations, selected by Staying Cool. There’s also an iPod docking station in each apartment. It’s possible to arrange a personal shopper or stylist as part of a weekend package. A shopping weekend for up to four people starts from £370 per person. Manchester’s leading holistic spa, Inner Sanctuary, offers a range of in-room beauty treatments and massage including manicures, massage, reflexology and reiki (www.innersanctuaryspa.com).
Bed linen, towels, bath robes, Umi toiletries, Illy coffee, teas, organic milk, oils and sauces
There's little you can't find in the centre of Manchester. Join the stylish locals and get yourself a Gucci umbrella.