Style Coastal glamour
Setting Millionaire's Mile
Named after the 'heaven of heavens' in Sanskrit, Paresa boutique hotel in Phuket perches high on the cliffs of Kamala Bay, with sandy beaches within easy reach and god-given views of Andaman Sea sunsets from all of its contemporary rooms. Relax in the seductive day spa, learn Thai culinary tricks in the smart cooking school or just chill out by the jaw-dropping infinity pool. Overwater dining day-beds put the 'I do' into proposals.
Need to know
- Rooms 49, including 36 suites.
Double rooms from $501.82 (THB14,987), excluding tax at 18.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB14,987) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include à la carte and buffet breakfast, daily canapés, unlimited access to the gym, sauna, infinity pool and Paresa Beach Club, and free shuttle bus to and from Kamala Beach.
- Facilities Spa, gym, sauna, Muse library with books, DVDs, board games, guest computers and good selection of newspapers and magazines, cooking school, free WiFi throughout, concierge, gardens, beach club and private beach. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, preloaded iPod, minibar, espresso machine. Cliff Pool Villas and Ceilo Residences come with well stocked wine cellars, and Ceilo Residences also have a kitchen.
- Poolside Paresa's streamlined infinity pool is a thing of beauty, flanked by a vast wooden deck delivering Andaman Sea views. Poolside bar service means you won't go thirsty lapping up those sunsets on your lounger or beanbag, and the heady cliffside setting means you can survey your holiday kingdom from on high. Bossa Nova tunes will keep your toes tapping, or shake things up in the Energy Flotation Pool, a small, black-terrazzo number on the sun-deck with a rose quartz crystal obelisk for positive vibes.
- Check-out 12pm; check-in, 2pm, but both are flexible subject to availability. Late check-outs up to 6pm will be charged at 50 per cent of the room rate.
- Children Welcome, but this is a romantic adult resort, so don't expect a kids' club. Baby cots aren't available, but sofabeds for kids aged four to 11 are THB800 a child a night, or THB3,500 for those aged 12 or above. Babysitting costs THB400 an hour.
- Also During peak season, a five-night minimum stay applies, and there's a compulsory Gala Dinner for guests staying on 31 December (THB8,500 a head). Smoking is allowed on room balconies only; pets are not welcome.
Food and drink at Paresa
Italian and Mediterranean cooking is a devilish temptation at sleek wood-lined Diavolo Restaurant, where chef Ryan Arboleda serves up light, tasty treats for breakfast, lunch and dinner, such as smoked salmon and goat's cheese mille feuille with capers and gold leaf. Roasted fish, rosemary and Prosecco risotto with black truffle and asparagus veloute gets our attention, too. If you'd rather go local, Talung Thai Restaurant shares the same dining space and serves authentic cuisine with a southern Thai slant, with a gorgeous outdoor deck for saluting the sunset. Plus, there's a stellar drinks list with cool cocktails and wines from around the world.
- Dress code Relaxed by day, racy by night. There's something about oh-my-god ocean views that cry out for a bit of dramatic dressing up.
- Top table We love swimming and dining, so imagine our delight when we discovered Paresa's ultra-romantic 'infinity dining' concept. Snaffle a day-bed for two suspended over the infinity pool and waiters will wade out to serve you supper.
- Last orders 10.30pm for dinner, although the restaurants stay open from 6pm until midnight.
- Room service Available 24 hours a day, mirroring the restaurant menu.
As well as Diavolo Bar, which keeps pouring until 11.30pm, Paresa serves drinks at the dramatic Infinity Pool Bar, the perfect spot for a sundowner. There are no DJs, but you can chill out to Latin sounds and lounge tunes. 'Rush hour' kicks in from 6pm, when guests gather to pay homage to the sunset.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Paresa 49 Moo 6, Layi-Nakalay Road, Kamala Kathu, Phuket, 83150
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Paresa
A Thai set lunch with a glass of house wine for two at Talung Thai Restaurant
Offers at Paresa
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All Paresa's pool villas offer seductive sea and sunset views off Phuket's west coast, but for a private plunge pool opt for an Aqua Pool Suite or any of the categories above it. We're pretty partial to the Dima Spa Suite, which comes with a private outdoor treatment sala, steam room, and a freestanding island bath tub with wraparound pool, as well as a free daily massage treatment each. For all-out luxe, the Cielo Residence boasts its own dining pavilion, kitchen and wine cellar.
If ever there was a time to splash out on a fashion-forward bikini or pair of board shorts, it's when you've booked a sojourn at Paresa. A pool this dreamy deserves a sartorial style statement. Bring a notebook for jotting down Thai cooking class tips, yoga gear if you plan to get bendy, and boat shoes for hiring out the resort's yacht.
Don't miss the twice-weekly Recipe by Ryan dinners in the cooking school, where you can watch the chef up close.