Style Family-run Aeolian farmhouse
Setting Il Postino country
The boutique Hotel Signum on Salina in the Aeolian Islands is a set around a series of tiled, landscaped terraces bursting with scented lime-trees, bougainvillea and honeysuckle. Many of the light and airy rooms have their own private terraces with views of the Mediterranean. The hotel restaurant serves delicious Aeolian fish dishes and sweet Malvesian wine.
Need to know
- Rooms 30.
Double rooms from $187.99 (€145), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€145) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, solarium, massage, library. Vespa hire can be easily arranged at the hotel. The staff are also happy to organise sailing and diving trips.
- Poolside There is an infinity pool.
- Check-out 11am.
- Children Welcome, although the atmosphere is one of quiet relaxation.
- Also Hydrofoils ferry guests to Milazzo from Salina (6:30am– 7pm).
- Hotel closed Mid-November to mid-March.
Food and drink at Hotel Signum
- Hotel restaurant Mediterranean food with a international twist; we love the four-course tasting menus of Aeolian specialities. You are encouraged to let the hotel know by lunchtime if you plan to dine in the restaurant.
- Dress code Dress up for dinner.
- Top table On the terrace or, if it’s a chilly evening, by the window.
- Room service Food and drinks are available 7am to midnight
- Hotel bar Open until midnight.
Hotel Signum Via Scalo 15, Malfa, Salina, Aeolian Islands, Sicily, 98050
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hotel Signum
A picnic lunch; members staying in a Deluxe room will also get one free entrance to the spa (normally €25)
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Rooms 11 (a Suite with a separate living room) and 12 (a Deluxe) both have terraces with sea views, and are located slightly away from the rest of the rooms, offering a bit more privacy and seclusion. Room 25 – a large suite – has a private terrace; Room 34 is also very spacious.
Signum's spa, Salus per Aquam, specialises in geothermic water treatments and steam baths, as well as a particularly invigorating ice massage. Some treatments are conducted on a bed of thermal rose salt, others in a 19th-century copper tub.