Hôtel des Academies et des Arts
Style Life on canvas
Setting Arty Rive Gauche
Situated on the same Paris street that was once home to Gauguin and Modigliani, Hôtel des Academies et des Arts is a homage to the artists who once painted this part of the town red – and continue to do so. This 20-room hotel is the epitome of Left Bank chic, but that doesn’t mean it’s shambolic – standards and service are every bit as high-end as at the city’s grand five-stars.
Need to know
- Rooms 20 bedrooms (split into Classic, Club and Superior categories) spread over five floors.
Double rooms from $236.49 (€177), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€177) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Library, home-cinema room, spa and beauty treatments on request, WiFi. In rooms: air-conditioning, flatscreen TV, minibar, safe, video and music on demand.
- Poolside There is no pool at Hôtel des Academies et des Arts.
- Check-out Midday; earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children This hotel is better suited to couples – leave the children at home.
Food and drink at Hôtel des Academies et des Arts
- Hotel restaurant The hotel doesn’t have its own restaurant, though guests are welcome to dine at the restaurant next door or at the hotel owners’ salon de thé Chez Charlotte next to the Jardin du Luxembourg – meals can be added to your bill. Breakfast can be taken either in the library, the adjacent ‘petit bistro’ or the hotel’s Salon d’Art Video.
- Dress code Immerse yourself in the area’s arty vibe and go for crumpled, open-necked shirts and silk vintage-couture scarves.
- Top table Enjoy breakfast on the café-style tables and banquettes of the next-door petit bistro.
- Last orders Drift in and out of the hotel at any time of the day or night.
- Room service Drinks can be ordered at any time.
- Hotel bar There is no dedicated bar, but you can ask staff to bring you a drink wherever you are in the hotel.
Hôtel des Academies et des Arts 15 rue de la Grande Chaumière, 75006 Paris
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hôtel des Academies et des Arts
A selection of Pierre Hermé macarons
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love the Commedienne rooms (available across all categories), which are inspired by legendary 1920s party girl Kiki de Montparnasse. They have a real theatrical feel, and come with scarlet headboards, vibrant purple throws on the beds and an extremely decadent atmosphere. The black, grey and white rooms inspired by Mannery, a close friend of Picasso’s, are also beautiful.
Bring a sketchbook – you’re bound to be inspired by those white figures that are painted everywhere.