Style Romantic ranch
Setting Rolling Russian River Valley
Tucked in a tiny town south of Healdsburg, the Farmhouse Inn hotel and restaurant is postcard-perfect picture of Sonoma serenity. There’s a wraparound porch, fire pit, Michelin-starred dining and a spa – the ideal base to enjoy the wonders of the wine country.
Need to know
- Rooms 18, including six suites.
Double rooms from $445.00, excluding tax at 11 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($445) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include a two-course breakfast of seasonal dishes and fresh pastries.
- Facilities Spa, gardens, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV with premium programming from Dish Network, Sumbody toiletries; minibar; free bottled water; fireplace; refrigerator; iPod dock.
- Poolside The heated outdoor infinity pool is surrounded by Adirondack chairs and gardens fragrant with herbs and vibrant with meadow flowers.
- Check-out 11am, but can be extended to 1pm for $50, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Though the hotel is best suited to adults, children are welcome. Baby cots can be provided at no extra charge; rollaway beds can be added to Suites for $50. A local nanny can be drafted in with two days’ notice.
- Also Room 14 is wheelchair-accessible.
Food and drink at Farmhouse Inn
Steve Litke’s Michelin-starred cooking alone makes Farmhouse worth a stay. The chef uses flavoursome finds from the kitchen garden to accompany local ingredients. Meyer lemons brighten a dish of Dungeness crab with Mendocino uni, and steak tartare is made from local buffalo meat. Opt for the four-course menu with wine pairings to get the best idea of what the kitchen can do.
- Dress code California casual is welcome here. Wrap dresses and khakis are the norm. Be sure to bring a sweater: the walk back across the grounds at night can be chilly.
- Top table Book a table near the fireplace for the cosiest vantage point. Breakfast is best ordered to the room to eat on the balcony.
- Last orders Dinner is served from 5:30pm until the last guest is finished. Note that the restaurant is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Room service A limited selection from the ever-changing restaurant menu is available during breakfast and dinner.
Limit your drinking to the room or restaurant: there’s no dedicated bar area.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Farmhouse Inn 7871 River Road, Forrestville, Sonoma, California 95436
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Farmhouse Inn
A bottle of Russian River Valley wine on arrival, and a VIP wine-tasting pass for two, redeemable at 15 partner wineries
Current offers at Farmhouse Inn
Offers at Farmhouse Inn
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Straight out of a Pottery Barn catalogue, Barn Luxury rooms are the roomiest. Set on the main or second floor, they overlook the woods and are decked out with a steam shower, heated floors and indoor-outdoor fireplace. Number 13, on the upper floor, is particularly quiet. On the other end of the scale, the tiny Heritage Queen rooms have redwood wet-dry saunas (but be prepared for a squeeze).
Bring your best campfire tales: Farmhouse offers house-made marshmallows, chunks of Valrhona chocolate and graham crackers for guests to assemble s’mores around the outdoor fire pit.
The Spa at Farmhouse Inn uses produce from the hotel gardens. Try a massage with lavender body butter, or a ginger-honey rub with royal jelly. Continue the relaxation in your room’s whirlpool tub: the hotel’s renowned Sonoma Bath Bar lets guests customise their time in the whirlpool with seasonal scrubs, salts, milk bath and handmade olive oil soaps.