Capri Tiberio Palace
Style Fresh, flirty Fifties fun
Setting Steps from Capri central
A teeter from Capri Town’s pretty-as-a-postcard Piazzetta, and a sashay down dainty boutique-resplendent alleyways, is Capri Tiberio Palace, a friendly five-star hotel. A confection of sugared-almond shades and pop-arty curios, designer Giampiero Panepinto’s pretty, witty decor instantly slips you into holiday mode. Whether you flop poolside and make new friends on the terrace, or explore the island as a twosome, this Capri boutique hotel promises hidden-away vacations laced with treatments at Spa Tiberio, zingy cocktails and delizioso Mediterranean dining.
Need to know
- Rooms 58, including 17 suites.
Double rooms from $474.67 (€355), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€355) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates usually include breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, spa with six treatment rooms, indoor and outdoor pool. In rooms: hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, safe, individually controlled air-conditioning, minibar, black-out curtains.
- Poolside The indoor-outdoor pool is heated and accessible from the spa and the sundeck; supervised from 10am to 8pm.
- Check-out 12 noon, but flexible, subject to availability.
- Children There are no special playrooms or menu's for kids, but this is Italy – you know little ones will be lovingly cooed-over. Cots are complimentary and they will happily assist with food preparation and arranging a babysitter. More...
- Also The spa treatments are spectacular – especially with Australia’s all-natural Sodashi skincare on tap. The wellness centre also has a Water Zone with hydrotherapy pools and steam rooms. Small pets welcome at no extra charge, although not in communal areas.
Food and drink at Capri Tiberio Palace
Terrazza Tiberio serves simple Mediterranean flavours using local ingredients fit for sophisticated palates; exec chef Marco Iaccarino is a local lad and you won’t find better takes on pasta paccheri, creamy caciotta or just-caught fish.
- Dress code This is Capri – make like Jackie O and JFK on their jollies.
- Top table If it’s balmy, you’d be barmy not to bagsy a spot on the terrace.
- Last orders Lunch is served 12.30pm–2.30 pm and dinner from 7.30 pm to 11pm.
- Room service Mornings offer the full breakfast regalia, then 11am–11.30pm choose from a huge array of local specialities such as spaghetti alle vongole and calzone Napoletano as well as room-service classics such as hamburgers and club sandwiches.
Jacky is the open-all-day lounge bar that spills out into a tiny front garden at the front. The fresh pastel decor and warm ambience makes it as beguiling for a morning latté as a Jacky (champagne with strawberries and Cointreau) or a Capri lemon drop (Limoncello, lemon juice and lavender) in the evening. One too many though and you might be tempted to have a tinkle on that white baby grand.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Capri Tiberio Palace Via Croce 11-15, Capri, 80073
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Capri Tiberio Palace
A pretty jute bag with the hotel's branding
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For their looks, we love the retro-referencing junior suites refurbished interior designer Giampiero Panepinto’s cheeky chic. Hand-painted majolica tiles and soft-curtained privacy adds oomf to all the rooms, but the terrace suites are probably the best value: they have big fully equipped terraces with a fantastic sea view which compensates to the rear lookout over local residences to the rear.
Your biggest designer sunglasses and jeweled sandals. A copy of Shirley Hazzard’s memoir Greene on Capri, which captures Graham Greene’s time here in the Sixties and conveys what makes this Italian isle especially enchanting.