Style Glamorous Med mansion
Setting Lushly landscaped Èze clifftop
On a secluded peninsula snaking out into the Med, Cap Estel’s gated mansion is a shot of Riviera glam amid the azure. Surrounded by palms and terraced gardens, with an elegant restaurant and Monaco and Nice close by, this exclusive retreat is A-list alluring.
Need to know
- Rooms 18, including 14 suites.
Double rooms from $1678.98 (€1,299), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€1,299) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, from €28.
- Facilities Cinema, spa, gym, library with DVDs and CDs. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD, free WiFi, minibar and bottled water.
- Poolside Not one but two pools to choose from: a fabulous saltwater infinity pool overlooking the sea (open from May until mid-October, subject to the weather), or the spa’s indoor pool.
- Check-out Noon, but late check-out may be available for a charge. Check-in, 4pm.
- Children If you’re prepared to share, bring the mini-Smiths. Extra beds are free for under-12s, babysitting is available from €16 an hour, and the restaurant does a children’s menu.
- Also Beneath the terraced gardens is Cap Estel’s own secluded stony beach, kitted out with sunloungers.
Food and drink at Cap Estel
- Hotel restaurant La Table du Cap Estel’s neutral decor, low leather chairs, and black-and-white tiled floor provide a sophisticated backdrop to the culinary offerings, which include foie gras with mashed asparagus and rhubarb sorbet.
- Dress code Côte d’Azur allure: a coral or chartreuse dress, a crisp linen shirt.
- Top table Request a table outside, so you can bay-watch as you eat.
- Last orders Rise for morning nibbles between 7.30am and 10.30am, lunch in the restaurant from 12.30pm until 2pm, and linger over dinner at a typically Mediterranean 8pm until 10pm.
- Room service Cold snacks (sandwiches, salads, cheeseboards) are available 7.30am–10pm.
- Hotel bar The traditionally styled bar, with chandeliers, cream leather bar stools and glossy, toffee-toned wooden surfaces, serves cocktails until 11pm. There is also a pool bar in summer.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Cap Estel 1312 avenue Raymond Poincaré, 06360 Eze-Bord-De-Mer
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Cap Estel
A bottle of champagne; members staying three nights or more get a free half-hour massage each
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The property is in four parts: Le Cap is the original building; La Corniche is an Italian-style pavilion; La Mer and Le Parc are both positioned at the edge of the peninsula. Suite 210, Le Cap, is a palatial expanse with cream and oatmeal decor, high ceilings, a living room with splashes of crayon-bright colour, a vast terrace and two bedrooms and bathrooms. Suite 410, also in the main building, could double up as a company HQ, with its office space, big lounge area, kitchen and terrace – but the ruby accents and African artefacts mean it’s far from corporate. La Mer’s white and airy rooms, perched above the water, are more modest in size, but they have views of the pretty beach.
Your biggest, most movie-star sunglasses; LBD or crisp linen shirt for stylish dining in the hotel’s restaurant; an autobiography of a screen icon such as Grace Kelly or Humphrey Bogart.
Along with the indoor pool, sauna and hammam, try out some of the spa treatments, such as 90-minute facials, toning body treatments, hair masks, waxing and a variety of massages.