Style Modern-art mansion
Setting Portofino Peninsula village
Villa Rosmarino hotel on the Portofino Peninsula is a candy-coloured vision of pastels, pinks and pared-down bedrooms. The artwork will amaze, as will the hosting skills of the two fabulous Milanesi running the show.
Need to know
- Rooms Six.
Double rooms from AU$292.46 (€218), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€218) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Library, gardens and free parking. In rooms: free WiFi, Comfort Zone bath products and not a TV in sight.
- Poolside The infinity pool is surrounded by sun-bleached teak decking, sweet-smelling geraniums in dusky pots and elegant wooden sunloungers.
- Check-out 11am. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Over-eights can stay, but only in the Garden Room, which can have an extra bed added for €50 a night.
- Also During high season (April to October) and at weekends, a two-night minimum stay usually applies. In-room spa treatments can be arranged.
- Hotel closed One month annually, usually November.
Food and drink at Villa Rosmarino
None, but guests can catch up with their hosts over an expertly made espresso in the communal kitchen. The grey stone space spans an entire floor, and leads out to a sunny breakfast terrace. The long table inside is scattered with books, maps and interiors mags, and the room features a low leather BB Italia sofa, a pair of powder blue Marco Zanuso ‘Lady’ chairs, a vintage Castiglioni lamp and Murano glassware set on an antique kilim. Breakfast is a spread of pastries, yoghurt and fresh fruits, with amazing juices.
- Dress code You’re up against a super-stylish host couple from Milan, so get those labels out.
- Top table Poolside for prosecco, and out on the terrace along the side of the house for breakfast. Slip away upstairs for a refined ristretto in the decadent library.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 8.30am until 10.30am, and you can always help yourself to a glass of wine.
- Room service None.
Nothing formal, just a houseboy-tended honesty bar of wines, spirits and juices in the kitchen.
Villa Rosmarino 38 Via Enrico Figari, Camogli, 16032
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Villa Rosmarino
Two glasses of local wine.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
What the top-floor Terrace Room lacks in size, in makes up for in views – spectacular ocean panoramas from both its eponymous terrace and the shower. The room names give the game away: if you want somewhere large, it’s got to be the Large Room; this light, airy suite has the most space (but no sea view, sadly). The shady Garden Room is on the ground floor, with marble mosaics, stripy velvet chairs and a polished wooden day-bed.
Coastal-cruising gear: over-size sunglasses, chic headscarves and driving gloves.
Ask Mario and Fulvio to take you out on the hotel’s gozzo, a traditional teak boat, between 10.30pm and 2.30pm daily.