Petra Segreta Resort & Spa
Style Stylish stone stazzi
Setting Sardinian hilltop hamlet
In a hillside hamlet amid juniper bushes, white granite boulders and Holm oaks, Petra Segreta Resort & Spa’s traditional stazzi farmhouse buildings offer charm and calm on the idyllic Costa Smeralda. This boutique hotel is a romantic retreat close to Olbia’s beautiful beaches. To sample the best of Sardinian cuisine, look no further than the hotel’s restaurant.
Need to know
- Rooms 15, including five suites.
Double rooms from AU$215.45 (€164), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€164) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities The Wellness Centre Spa, fitness area, relaxation room, gardens, bridge room, free WiFi throughout, free parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar, free bottled water, Etro toiletries.
- Poolside There is an outdoor, heated swimming pool with a pool bar, a solarium, multiple flumes and a Jacuzzi with a waterfall.
- Check-out 10am but flexible, subject to availability and a charge during busy periods (50 per cent of the cost of the room a night). Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children This hotel was designed with adults in mind – leave the little Smiths at home. However, cots can be provided for babies at €40 a night.
- Also The hotel is a no-pets-no-cigarettes zone.
- Hotel closed 1 November to 1 April.
Food and drink at Petra Segreta Resort & Spa
- Hotel restaurant Il Fuoco Sacro continues the hotel’s fabulous farmhouse style; its white walls and ceiling are punctuated with bamboo beams, and heavy oak tables stud the spacious dining area. Quirky lighting fashioned by local artists and a large stone fireplace add warmth. There’s also a veranda overlooking the Gulf, protected by a bamboo roof and dotted with linen-laid tables and chunky rattan chairs. Chef Luigi Bergeretto is a dab hand with clams. Try his signature fregola al frutti di mare – a Sardinian-style seafood risotto.
- Dress code Match the restaurant’s relaxed mood with cool, crisp linen in neutral shades.
- Top table Sit at the back of the panoramic veranda, by the rough-cut wall and admire the Gulf views as you eat.
- Last orders The restaurant serves breakfast from 7.30am–10.30am; lunch from 12.30pm–2.30pm and dinner from 8pm–10.30pm; the pool bar quenches guests’ thirst from noon until midnight.
- Room service A selection from the restaurant menu is available 8am–10am and 8pm–10pm.
- Hotel bar The Pool Bar, with its shaded veranda, is a refreshing little drinking hole. Sit overlooking the pool and gardens and mark the sunset with a glass of moscato. A soundtrack of lounge music is as chilled as the countryside-at-dusk views.
Petra Segreta Resort & Spa 130 Strada Di Buddeu, Frazione San Pantaleo, Olbia, Sardinia, 07026
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Petra Segreta Resort & Spa
A massage each, and the exclusive opportunity to try a special Sardinian tasting menu, for €45 a head (excludes drinks)
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Get back to nature in Deluxe Room 201, which has a shaded seating area, its bamboo roof supported by a craggy boulder. Inside, the muslin-draped whitewashed four-poster takes centre stage, and sturdy farmhouse-style furniture adds a homely feel against a palette of creamy, muted hues. The large ensuite has double sinks and a walk-in rain shower. Junior Suite 306 has whitewashed walls and a beamed ceiling, a private outside lounge area and indoors, a sitting area and two bathrooms (with bath and shower).
Swimwear for the spa; sketchpad and charcoals for boulder-and-beach doodles; a cool bag for wave-side picnics.
Visit the Wellness Centre Spa and book an Itinerary: this bespoke beauty package includes an outdoor massage treatment.