Soho Beach House
- Style SoBe goes Soho
- Setting Mellow Mid-Beach
Soho Beach House hotel’s bright white 16-storey building lords it over its Miami Beach surroundings, with a Cowshed Spa, an A-list restaurant, retro quirks and a rooftop pool.
Need to know
- Rooms 50, including six suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $325.00, excluding tax at 13 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Cowshed Spa, gardens, gym, library, selection of DVDs and CDs, photo booth, screening snug and free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, iPod dock, minibar and Cowshed products.
- Poolside The pool in the gardens is graced with sun-loungers and waiter service; there’s also a plunge pool on the rooftop, flanked by fans and overlooking the Atlantic.
- Check–out Midday, but flexible, subject to availability and a charge (free up to 1pm: 25 per cent of the room rate between 1pm and 3pm; 50 per cent of the room rate from 3pm until 6pm; 100 per cent of the room rate after 6pm. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
Children Little Smiths are welcome. Cots and extra beds can be added to rooms free and babysitting is available with a local nanny (request this in advance). Bear in mind that some areas are child-free.
- Also Smokers can light up in the alfresco smoking areas and out on the terraces.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms We love Room 35 (a Beachside 3) for its bath tub overlooking the gardens and the sea. The huge bed is big enough for three (should you be so inclined), and the sitting area with its gorgeous tile work and beach views provides further eye candy.
- Packing tips Don’t weigh down your case with shampoo and bath bubbles –rooms are stocked with full-size Cowshed products. The hotel describes its philosophy as ‘flip-flop glamour’, so bring a pair, along with box-fresh bikinis and beach shorts.
- Also Indulge in a Cowshed salt scrub and massage at the spa or opt for one of the packages: the cheekily monikered Lazy Cow includes a body wrap, back massage and facial.
Food and drink at Soho Beach House
- Hotel restaurant Cecconi’s in Mayfair has built up a loyal London following, so it was canny of Soho Beach House to host Miami’s outpost. Set in the gardens, the restaurant’s design blends the bohemian and the glamorous: elegant sea-blue chairs and chunky wooden tables positioned under the shade of trees threaded with fairy lights. Expect a Mediterranean bent: goat’s cheese and black truffle pizza, lobster spaghetti, and Kobe beef tartare with truffle and pecorino. If you’re seeking something lighter, nibble on cicchetti (Italian small plates) in the hotel’s Cuban-style Club Bar.
- Dress code Cool and casual: vintage shirt or frock, Ray-Bans, flats and a nonchalant air.
- Top table Nab one of the huge chesterfields in the garden. The restaurant serves non-guests too, so it’s worth booking your seats.
- Last orders Cecconi’s serves food from 8am until midnight, Monday–Wednesday; 7am until 1am, Thursday–Saturday. Breakfast service stops at 11.30am; lunch is 11.30am–5pm; dinner is 5pm until midnight. For night owls, there’s a midnight menu, served from 11pm–1am.
- Room service The 24-hour room service includes items from the restaurant menu and a selection of light snacks.
- Hotel bar Three: the Club Bar is inspired by Forties Havana; Tiki Bar is located between the beach and the pool area; the adults-only bar on the eighth-floor is opposite the plunge pool, with dazzling Atlantic views.