JK Place Capri
- Style Snow-white suntrap
- Setting Overlooking endless ocean
RUNNER-UP: BEST-DRESSED HOTEL – SMITH HOTEL AWARDS 2013
Sweet scents waft around olive and lemon trees in huge pots outside JK Place Capri, a Fellini movie in hotel form, that's far away enough from the buzz and night-life noise, yet somehow still managing to feel in the thick of things. This gleaming white, shore-side hotel is the kind of place you want to re-book as soon as you leave.
Need to know
- Rooms 22, including eight suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $1124.10 (€818), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include buffet breakfast, tea, coffee, soft minibar drinks, fruit and cakes.
- Facilities Spa, gym, library, DVD/CD selection, fee WiFi throughout, shuttle service. In rooms, flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, minibar, satin sheets. Some rooms have Jacuzzis.
- Poolside You can bask in a soft sea breeze on the hotel’s sun-deck, where the large heated pool allows you to swim even out of season. Attentive staff serve cooling drinks to a soundtrack of light lounge music.
- Check–out 12 noon, but flexible subject to availability.
Children JK Place is more suited to couples.
- Also JK Place's rates include access to the Olimpo SPA Steam Bath in Via Tornabuoni, two minutes away.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Number 22 on the second floor faces out onto the sea, and the bath tub in the middle of the bathroom floor allows you to bathe while gazing at the ocean – with the windows open, you can even sunbathe while you soak.
- Packing tips Giant sunglasses and a good book – your essential poolside chill-out kit.
- Also JK Place’s ever-ready concierge can arrange boat trips around the island and the Amalfi coast.
Food and drink at JK Place Capri
- Hotel restaurant The hotel's stylish restaurant, JKitchen, is a modern confection of black, white and grey, with comfy chairs, fabulous seafood, and a panoramic terrace.
- Dress code Bright, white and out for the night.
- Top table On the terrace, overlooking the Gulf of Naples.
- Last orders The restaurant is open from 12 noon–3pm for lunch and 7.30pm–11.30pm for dinner. There’s a snack menu available at other times.
- Room service 7.30am–11.30pm.
- Hotel bar The light, bright lounge bar attracts the island’s golden girls and guys with its blend of the relaxing and the refined.