Style Modern spec, rustic charm
Setting Lake-studded Devonshire woodland
Set on a private pocket of Devonshire farmland with its own carp-filled fishing lake, Sunridge Fishing Lodge is a stylishly converted barn with a cutting-edge interior. Not just aimed at anglers, its secluded location means couples will fall for it hook, line and sinker. This is rustic charm with mod cons: underfloor heating, drench shower, Italian tiles and German bathroom/kitchen fittings. Located in South Hams of Devon, Sunridge is close to Salcombe coast and Dartmoor National Park.
Need to know
- Rates information £1,150 a week, but shorter breaks are available.
- Ideal for Couples, small families, poker parties, friends who fish.
- Sleeps 2 comfortably 4 intimately/less formally; one double bedroom mezzanine twin beds ideal for children.
- Property style A cedar-cladded, slate-roofed barn with hardwood decking; inside its customised interior comes over all oak-and-glass and exposed stone, with cosy log burners and airy lofted ceilings.
- Grounds This private patch of bucolic Devon includes a lawn where guests can relax in the sunshine, there’s a fire pit for barbecue fun, and you can follow a lane through leafy woodlands down to your very own carp-filled lake.
- Minimum hire Three nights; occasionally two.
- Children They can make sure you have most needs met from highchairs and travel cots to babysitting .
- Booking process A Smith deposit is required upon booking. The property also requires a 30 per cent deposit to secure the booking and the full balance must be paid eight weeks prior to arrival. Please note: the property doesn't take credit cards and all payments are to be made via BACS or cheque.
This light and airy lofted double bedroom has prime treetop and meadow views when you want to revel in your Devonshire location, and black-out blinds, TV and DVD when you want to shut yourself away. There's a mezzanine area with twin beds TV/DVD/Xbox for friends or offpring and a door leading to a hardwood decking area.
- Kitchen The exposed stone-wall L-shaped German kitchen is part of the open-plan living and dining room. There's a gas hob with central wok ring, microwave, oven and dishwasher. Large glass doors open to an outside dining table and barbecue. And you'll actually want to wash up by hand with a window over the sink looking out at a meadow with horses.
- Living room Curl up on the sofa in front of the glass-fronted log burner or gaze down the lane towards the lake; if that doesn't warm the cockles, the underfloor heating under the stylish Italian tiles should do the rest.
- Dining room There's a table big enough for six in a corner of the open-plan living area.
- Gardens Your rural seclusion at this luxury Devon self-catering cottage includes a private garden and views of rolling farmland and leafy woods which lead to the carp-filled lake.
- Private parking There is plenty of space on the private driveway for cars large or small.
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Sunridge Lodge
Mini hamper stocked with seasonal local produce (past treats include homemade scones and Devonshire ale)
In the know
Eating and drinking
They can arrange Breakfast Packs and for food hampers to be delivered from Riverford or a lovely farm shop in Mobury.
The lodge is cleaned top to bottom once a week and can be refreshed daily for an extra charge.
This is filled to the gills with audio-visual thrills – there are DVD/TVs players in the lounge, bedroom and on the mezzanine as well as an Xbox to have fun with. Laptoppers will appreciate the free WiFi and music lovers can plug in and tune out courtesy of the MP3 dock.
Fishing rod, DVDs, and all those novels you've always meant to read – there's nowhere better suited to holing up with a great book.