Predi Son Jaumell
Style Poised and polished possessió
Setting Castle-facing Capdepera countryside
Predi Son Jaumell hotel on Mallorca’s north-east coast is formed on the foundations of a 400-year-old estate, with ancient sundial, traditional stone exterior and pig hooks still in place. New on the 17th-century scene is an ex-El Bulli chef, bold local art and a cool minimalist palette.
Need to know
- Rooms 24 suites.
Double rooms from AU$366.56 (€262), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€262) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates usually include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Sun terrace, chapel, bikes to borrow, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar and Aveda bath products.
- Poolside Cabanas and white loungers surround the deep-green infinity pool, heated from March to May and October to November. There's a direct path that leads from Son Jaumell to the pretty beach at Cala Agulla – it's about 20 minutes by foot.
- Check-out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children The hotel welcomes kids; extra beds for children aged two to 12 are available for €45–€77 a night, depending on season and room type.
- Also Massages are available on request. One room has been adapted for wheelchair users.
Food and drink at Predi Son Jaumell
The ex-El Bulli chef at the restaurant, Andreu Genestra, has skills worthy of where he honed them. The food is fresh and creative: dishes include monkfish with fennel and roasted plums, and beef with raisins and al dente vegetables, with a more casual menu of grilled meats, fish of the day and pasta at lunch. The traditional Mallorcan decor is simple: stone walls, wooden beams and linen-covered chairs, and hooks on the walls leftover from when the building was the estate’s farmhouse. The neutral palette is broken up by the row of blow-glass green lamps hanging by the terrace.
- Dress code Camouflage yourself in country casuals in complementary shades of bright white and beige.
- Top table Bathe in the natural light by the window, or nab a seat in the sun out on the terrace.
- Last orders You don’t have to worry about keeping time here: the restaurant opens at 7.30am and stays that way until 11pm.
- Room service You can order up anything from the restaurant while the kitchen's open.
There’s no separate bar, but drinks can be served wherever you’d like them. The hotel’s own wine is our tipple of choice.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Predi Son Jaumell Carretera Cala Mesquida Km 1, Desvío Camino Son Moltó, Capdepera, Mallorca, 07580
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Predi Son Jaumell
A bottle of Faustino VII Rioja
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Wonder at the hooks and their possible uses in Room 3, a Junior Suite, which has a freestanding bath tub in the main bedroom and an arched stone ceiling. Spoiler: the room is the old pig sty, and the hooks were for weighing the inhabitants. The design of Grand Suite Room 2 gave new life to some old crockery by arranging broken bits of plates on a wall behind the bed; it also has easy access to the pool thanks to a set of French doors. The panorama prize has to go to Room 9 (a Junior Suite with Terrace) for its prime view of the castle, but if you want a private hammock-enhanced garden as well, go for Junior Suite 25.
Keen walkers don’t need to pack their walking poles – the hotel has a supply to loan to happy hikers.
Keep an eye out for hidden relics from the estate’s 400-year past, including the three protected Bronze Age caves in the grounds, and a chapel with original doors and floors.