Style Witty British bolthole
Setting Theatreland thoroughfare
Country-house charm meets London sophistication at this centrally located boutique hotel right on Piccadilly Circus. Kit Kemp's quirkily colourful interiors, an eye-popping indoor pool-cum-bar and a made-for-peoplewatching restaurant make the Haymarket Hotel a lavish and relaxing base from which to explore the city's world-class theatres, shops and galleries.
Need to know
- Rooms 50, including 17 suites, and a separate two- to five-bedroom townhouse.
Double rooms from AU$542.04 (£329), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£329) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (£19.50 a person).
- Facilities Heated indoor pool, gym, treatment room, library, valet parking. In rooms: minibar, flatscreen TV and DVD player, CD player and iPod dock, free WiFi throughout, Miller Harris toiletries.
- Poolside There aren't many hotels in London that boast an 18-metre indoor pool as impressive as this one (if at all).
- Check-out 11am, although this is flexible. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Cots are free, and extra beds can be added to rooms for £48 a night. Babysitting costs £57.60 for two hours;£14 an hour thereafter. Games on request.
- Also Smoking rooms are available.
Food and drink at Haymarket Hotel
Tastefully patterned and elegantly canine-themed, Brumus Bar & Restaurant provides European brasserie classics care of Roger Sergent’s excellent kitchen brigade.
- Dress code Savile Row sharpness or low-key London luxe.
- Top table We loved the cosy tables in the bar area; at night, a window seat is fun, but in daylight you might feel on view.
- Last orders 1am for drinks. Brumus restaurant is open 7am–11pm (11.45pm for the post-theatre menu and bar snacks).
- Room service Available 24 hours a day.
During the day, the bar provides a place to pause for a cappuccino, or after the sun is past the yard-arm, a few Haymarket Cosmos or Brumus Margaritas. Doors close at 11.45, but those in situ can carry on regardless till 1am.
Haymarket Hotel 1 Suffolk Place, London, SW1Y 4BP
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Haymarket Hotel
Cocktails for two in the hotel bar
Current offers at Haymarket Hotel
Offers at Haymarket Hotel
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Each room has its own palette of hues and patterns; we loved blue and brown Room 2, although it’s on the ground floor, which isn’t the quietest. Large corner rooms 111, 211 and 311 on the floors above have the same colour scheme. Deluxe doubles facing the courtyard are romantic. For wonderful views of London’s rooftops, get one of the smaller top-floor rooms; 402 has low-slung windows, giving it a first-class Haymarket vista. Junior Suite 100 has outdoor decking.
Bikinis or swimming trunks, so you can have a morning swim or afternoon dip in that gorgeous pool. An A–Z to help you navigate London's streets.