Tsala Treetop Lodge
Style Modern Africa
Setting Up in the forest canopy
Unique Garden Route boutique resort Tsala Treetop Lodge gives you a bird's eye view of South Africa's indigenous forest canopy from a luxurious stilted hut. Think Tarzan, but with wraparound decking, private infinity pools and flatscreen TVs. Better still, all this back-to-nature wilderness is just 10km from the beaches, bars and boutiques of Plettenberg Bay. Jungle living simply doesn't get more glamorous…
Need to know
- Rooms 16: 10 suites and 6 two-bedroom villas.
Double rooms from $375.58 (ZAR3,596), excluding tax at 14 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (ZAR3,596) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Gardens, library of books and DVDs, boules court, sundeck, free WiFi, valet parking. In rooms, open fires, infinity plunge pools, sundecks, flatscreen TVs, DVD/CD player, under-floor heating, exclusive Charlotte Rhys toiletries.
- Poolside Every suite and villa has its own private infinity pool cantilevered out from the decking over the treetops, with comfortable sunloungers to sink onto.
- Check-out 11am (flexible by prior arrangement, subject to availability). Check-in, from 2pm.
- Children Kids aged 10 and over are welcome; children sharing parents’ rooms are charged from SAR490–SAR640, depending on season.
- Also Massages, reflexology, Shiatsu and beauty treatments are available on request.
Food and drink at Tsala Treetop Lodge
- Hotel restaurant Tsala serves up modern Euro-African fusion fare, cooked using herbs and vegetables from their own gardens. Other local organic ingredients are sourced from within a 500km radius of the resort.
- Dress code I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Into Here! (Smart casual.)
- Top table Pull up an African-baroque leopardprint-upholstered chair at a table by the open fire, or dine by candlelight on the deck outside.
- Last orders Breakfast, 7.30–9.30am; lunch, 12–2.30pm; dinner, 7–10.30pm.
- Room service A light menu of simple in-room dishes is available 24 hours a day, but restaurant meals may also be taken in-suite by prior arrangement. Alternatively, book a gourmet picnic basket for two and take it into the forest with you…
- Hotel bar There’s no bar as such, but you can drink sundowners on the restaurant deck (or your own private deck), and Tsala has a fantastic wine cellar: wine-tastings can be arranged on request and the restaurant occasionally holds gourmet wine evenings in winter.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Tsala Treetop Lodge off the N2, 10kms West of Plettenberg Bay, Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape, 6600
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Tsala Treetop Lodge
A bottle of Tsala sparkling wine and canapés in your room
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The 10 suites are secluded and cosseting, with private decks looking out over the treetops and infinity plunge pools. Glass walls provide surround-scene forest views and bathrooms have deep, free-standing stone tubs, twin sinks and al fresco showers. In addition, the two-bedroom Villas have kitchenettes, dining rooms, fully stocked minibars, satellite TV, private pools and a decked outdoor dining area.
Hats and beachwear for summer; cosy shrugs for cooler evenings; walking boots for exploring the forest; binoculars for bird-watching; leopardprint loin cloth for playing Tarzan and Jane.
Treetop Villa prices are adjusted according to occupancy.