The Standard East Village
Style Milan in Manhattan
Setting Edge of East Village
A 21-storey tower of gleaming glass looming over the Bowery, The Standard East Village stands out dramatically from the neighbouring brick tenements. Its contemporary interiors bear the hallmarks of Italian style, the lobby floor is a jigsaw of shattered slate, a bookshop’s worth of second-hand volumes are spread artfully throughout, and check-in is delightfully desk-free. PS In a former life, this hotel went by the name of the Cooper Square Hotel...
Need to know
- Rooms 145, including 16 suites and a gigantic penthouse.
Double rooms from $295.00, excluding tax at 14.75 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of $3.50 per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($295) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities In-room spa treatments, library (4,000+ books), screening room, guest computer, free WiFi throughout, free gym passes, DVD library, valet parking. In rooms: LCD HDTV, BluRay DVD player, iPod dock, minibar, Red Flower toiletries.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible if occupancy allows. Check-in, 3pm.
- Children Welcome. Baby cots can be provided free; extra beds are US$50 a night. Babysitting with a local nanny can be organised through the hotel.
- Also Please note: a lobby redesign is putting the lobby-level bar and restaurant out of action until summer 2013; free breakfast will be served in the penthouse, and a limited menu will be available in the second-floor bar for other meals at this time.
- Please note
The hotel's ground floor and restaurant are currently undergoing mild construction, limiting public spaces. Complimentary continental breakfast is served in the penthouse on weekdays from 7am to 11am and on weekends from 8am to 12pm. Cocktails and a limited menu are available on the mezzanine from 12pm to 2am on weekdays and from 12pm to 4am on weekends. Room service is still available 24-hours.
Food and drink at The Standard East Village
An all-day menu is served in the Living Room, lobby, Garden Café and in-room.
- Dress code Schmess code – just be yourself.
- Top table Stake a place at one of the two banquettes or sit outside if it's clement.
- Last orders The bar’s cocktail-shakers remain aquiver until after midnight.
- Room service Order treats to your room between 7am and midnight. The hotel also has a stash of takeaway menus from respected local restaurants.
The hotel's ground floor bar is open to guests and public punters alike.
The Standard East Village 25 Cooper Square, New York, NY 10003
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Standard East Village
A bottle of wine
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Standard East Village’s rooms have more bells and whistles added the higher up you go. The Village Kings are invigoratingly light and airy, thanks to the almost floor-to-ceiling windows – try to get a west-facing room as these have unobstructed views of the surrounding rooftops.
Leave the library at home, the hotel has more than 4,000 secondhand volumes dotted around the lobby, library and rooms, covering everything from fashion to erotica. These are all available to buy – with all proceeds going to the homeless charity
Have a peek in your minibar – in addition to the usual spirits and mixers you’ll find quirky treats such as custom-made jewellery by Tina Thor, make-up kits, and health packs from fitness guru David Kirsch.