Style Novel beach hideaway
Setting Swinging Chaweng
The island of Koh Samui’s infamous Chaweng Beach is littered with hotels, but none of them comes close to The Library in terms of that all-out beach bliss-out factor. Standing out like a finely manicured thumb from the three-star crowd, this elegant and modern boutique hotel is most remarkable for its blood-red pool, the tall trees that seem to grow in, around and through the building, as well as the alabaster-white library complex that gives the hotel its name.
Need to know
- Rooms 13 suites (ground floor) and 13 studios (upstairs).
Double rooms from $315.91 (THB9,800), excluding tax at 18.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB9,800) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Gym, library (naturally), DVD/CD selection, free WiFi in the restaurant, library and pool area. In rooms: huge flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, wireless headphones, coffee maker, minibar. Suites have Macs with broadband.
- Poolside Looking out over the beach and the bay, the Library’s eye-catching pool is lined with vivid scarlet Italian tiles, coloured to match the parasols and loungers on the wooden decking that surround it.
- Check-out Noon, but flexible subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Under-12s stay free in their parents’ room; cots (free) and extra beds (THB2,000 a night) can be provided. There’s a kids’ pool, and an assortment of beach-based activities on offer. Babysitting costs THB250 an hour. More...
- Also After check-out, guests can leave their luggage in storage and use the shower facilities at the Fit (fitness unit) to go sandlessly from beach to airport. Smoking is not allowed indoors, but you can light up on your terrace or balcony.
Food and drink at The Library
- Hotel restaurant The Page restaurant sources organic, seasonal ingredients to produce a sophisticated range of Thai and Western dishes, which you can savour alfresco on the deck, or in the high-ceilinged, soft-grey indoor dining area.
- Dress code Lazy beach garb all the way – with perhaps a summer dress or shirt upgrade for dinner.
- Top table Secure a spot on the terrace, as close to the sea as you can.
- Last orders The ovens cool at 10.30pm, but the bar’s open until midnight.
- Room service A variety of snacks and meals from the restaurant menu are served between 7am and midnight daily.
- Hotel bar The Page restaurant’s beach bar is a modern-minded chill-out zone, serving mean mojitos and zingy, zesty lychee caprioskas to a soothing soundtrack of Buddha-Bar-esque tunes.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Library 14/1 Moo 2, Bo Phut, Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Suratthani, 84320
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Library
A bottle of sparkling wine on arrival. Members booking a suite will also get free airport transfers; members staying five nights in a suite can also have a romantic dinner for two at the Page
Offers at The Library
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Bookmark Suite is closest to the beach and affords fabulous views of the sea and the ruby swimming pool from the comfort of the bed. All suites have Jacuzzis to bliss out in.
Leave your holiday reading at home. The Library lives up to its name, with hundreds of titles available to leaf through, as well as a wide selection of DVDs.