The House Hotel Nisantasi
Style Decadent design den
Setting Sisli’s shopping district
Istanbul’s The House Hotel Nisantasi is a Bosphorous-facing design dream, with Autoban interiors, spacious suites and statement style pieces, such as chairs that look more like birdcages. This seven-storey city terrace has been remastered to match the slick district it inhabits – the smart black entrance sets the tone, and inside it just gets better.
Need to know
- Rooms 45, including nine suites.
Double rooms from $261.52 (€203), excluding tax at 8 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€203) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, gym and book/CD/DVD library. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock, minibar, free bottled water and L’Occitane bath products.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible (free until 2pm, 50 per cent of an extra night thereafter). Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Cots for babies are free, and extra beds can be added at no cost for children under six (€60 a night if they're older). Babysitting with a local nanny costs €50 an hour. More...
- Also Pets that weigh under 5kg (designer dogs, etc) can stay for an extra €20. Some smoking rooms are available. In-room beauty treatments can be arranged.
Food and drink at The House Hotel Nisantasi
- Hotel restaurant The restaurant, bar and lobby all merge into one relaxed, refined, open-plan space, dominated by big Sezer Arici prints and an edgy Autoban bookcase. It’s quality over quantity, menu-wise: there are just four finely tuned dishes to pick from. Expect burgers, steaks and herb-crusted salmon.
- Dress code City-slicker smart.
- Top table Sidle up to the bar and settle in for a cocktail-making show.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 7am until 11am; lunch is between midday and 4pm; dinner runs from 6pm until 10.30pm.
- Room service Anything from the restaurant can be ordered in-room between 7am and 10.30pm.
- Hotel bar The bar is in the same room as the restaurant, with a mirrored back wall, marble counter and elegant Autoban stools. The French management have ensured there’s plenty of fine wines in stock, but the more adventurous should go for a white chocolate martini and a Raki cocktail. The delicious House Lemonade has a closely guarded recipe.
The House Hotel Nisantasi Abdi Ipekci Cad. no:34, Istanbul, Turkey, 34637
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The House Hotel Nisantasi
Fresh fruit on arrival; for Suite bookings or guests staying three nights or more, a two-course lunch including a glass of wine
Current offers at The House Hotel Nisantasi
Offers at The House Hotel Nisantasi
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love Suites 51 and 61 for their breathtaking Bosphorus views; their white marble bathrooms, cocoa colours and Autoban accoutrement aren’t bad, either. For the same view but shedloads more space, and a private balcony, head up to the seventh floor and try out the Terrace Deluxe Rooms.
Back catalogues of Wallpaper* and I.D. to get plotting your own redesign; leave space in your suitcase for the new clothes picked up in the hotel’s neighbourhood.
Aspiring mixologists can practise in-room: there’s a shaker, cocktail glasses and plenty of liquor at your disposal.