The Greenwich Hotel
Style De Niro’s designer den
Setting Soho-side Tribeca
Built to blend in with the classic New York façades of trendy Tribeca, Robert de Niro’s Greenwich Hotel boasts beautiful bedrooms fitted with Carrara marble and Moroccan tile, a bamboo spa building constructed, nail-free, by Japanese craftsmen, and a cool but cosy Italian restaurant – all encased in a classic exterior of ruddy, hand-moulded brick.
Need to know
- Rooms 88, including 12 suites and a penthouse.
Double rooms from $525.00, excluding tax at 14.75 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of $3.50 per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($525) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, fitness centre, drawing room, DVD library, free WiFi throughout, valet parking, in-room check-in. In rooms: HDTV, DVD player, preloaded iPod, book selection, electronic curtains, Kearsley cotton sheets, Japanese Red Flower toiletries.
- Poolside Shibui spa contains a reconstructed bamboo farmhouse that houses the heated indoor pool, lit by lanterns. Freshly squeezed fruit juices, light spa meals and sake are always on hand.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible depending on availability.
- Children Welcome. All rooms can accommodate extra beds or baby cots, except Courtyard or Greenwich rooms.
- Also One small pet is allowed in each room.
Food and drink at The Greenwich Hotel
Locanda Verde is where chef Andrew Carmellini dishes up high-end Italian comfort food – wood-fired rabe sausage, roasted garlic chicken. The colour scheme is all warm earth tones, the lighting low and the ambience seductive.
- Dress code A-lister at ease; don’t wear a dark shirt or tie unless you want to be mistaken for one of the immaculately attired Italian waiting staff. (Or a Goodfella.)
- Top table Ask for one of the tables in the northwest corner; these are quieter than the spots around the bar and the building’s support columns lend the space some privacy.
- Last orders The restaurant is open until 11pm, but guests at the hotel can drink and dine round the clock.
- Room service Selections from Locanda Verde’s menu are available in-room 24 hours a day.
Guests, glitterati and meedja moguls sup bellini martinis at Locanda Verde’s Parisian-style bar, which packs in the punters on weekend evenings. The wines and vodka menus are distinguished and lengthy, and if you’re into grappa, this is the bar for you.
The Greenwich Hotel 377 Greenwich Street, New York 10013
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Greenwich Hotel
$100 spa credit
Current offers at The Greenwich Hotel
Offers at The Greenwich Hotel
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The N. Moore Suite and the Greenwich Suite each offer more living space than 95 per cent of NYC urbanites could ever dream of, and the 30-foot skylights merit a gawp (as do the rates). They’re each fitted with kitchens, offices and stone fireplaces. The Superior rooms are more economical options that are still luxuriously spacious – go for one with a view of the Greenwich Hotel’s Tuscan-style courtyard.
Your favourite suede slippers to put your feet up in the reading room – and something to read while you’re there.
In a tribute to the hotelier’s artist father, Robert De Niro Senior’s Picasso-ish paintings line the walls of the lobby and drawing room.