Style Zen and sensibility
Setting Dreamy Nusa Dua
Stylish and modern, with plenty of white stone and Zen-like buildings of pale brick and glass, The Balé hotel is not your typical Balinese resort. This is not to say that it doesn’t do luxury and high levels of service – it does, in spades – but its influence seems to be Japanese rather than Indonesian. With a no-children policy, it is the ultimate retreat for those in search of peace and love.
Need to know
- Rooms 29 private pavilions, including three two-bedroom Double Pavilions.
Double rooms from $532.00, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($532) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include daily breakfast, return airport transfers, a welcome drink and 15-minute massage, and free transfers around Nusa Dua.
- Facilities Gym, spa, library, beach club, free WiFi throughout. In pavilions: private pool, minibar, CD/DVD player, flatscreen TV, indoor and outdoor showers.
- Poolside Stone-clad walls separate the two tiers of the main swimming pool and rise into plant beds for the greenery shrouding the upper pool, where sunloungers await.
- Check-out Noon. Earliest check-in, 2pm. Both are flexible subject to availability.
- Children Under-16s are not allowed in the resort.
- Also The Wellness Spa offers tantalising treatments including crystal healing hot stone therapy, steamed-rice facials, and a 90-minute coffee ritual for men. Rather than booking several treatments separately, check out the packaged rituals.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day (Day of Silence), although stays are still possible. Bali’s airport also closes for the day.
Food and drink at The Balé
Faces, an open-sided space beside the main pool, specialises in modern Mediterranean and Indonesian cuisine. If you’d prefer to order off-menu, dishes can be tailormade to suit your individual tastes. Healing herbs and regional fruits pepper the selection of healthy snacks and meals on offer at Bliss, the bijou spa-restaurant. A new second restaurant on the first floor serves fresh, innovative cuisine.
- Dress code Faces is casual during the day, smarter in the evening. Bathrobes and slippers are acceptable dining attire at spa-restaurant Bliss, which seats only six people.
- Top table Ask the staff at Faces to set up a private table for you in a pavilion away from the main dining room.
- Last orders 10.30pm.
- Room service Western and Asian dishes are available 24 hours
Fluid, situated beside the main pool, is a laid-back lounge where guests can chill out with a cocktail. With its soft lighting and Café del Mar-style soundtrack, its atmosphere is more relaxed than a cat stretched out in sunlight.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Balé Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, Bali, 80363
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Balé
A bottle of wine and canapés on arrival and late check-out at 3pm.
Current offers at The Balé
Offers at The Balé
In the know
Our favourite rooms
At 240 square metres each, the Single Pavilions offer more than enough space, but our favourite is definitely the enormous 480-square-metre Deluxe Single (number 38), which comes with an L-shaped private pool. Double Pavilions 19 and 20 offer stunning views of the ocean. All villas have light, airy interiors with double-height rooms that soar up to the rafters, white walls, pale wooden furnishings and an arsenal of gadgets.
Bring your tin whistle – the resort holds occasional jam sessions in the bar area.
Private barbecues or candlelit dinners are practically encouraged here. Cooks and butlers will happily lug their fish slices and tongs over to your pavilion to do all the hard work while you soak up the atmosphere.
From the Guestbook…
The Balé was a very nice place to stay, and we were upgraded to a wonderful room. Plus, it’s near the golf.more