The Address Downtown Dubai
Style Modern minimalist via Miami
Setting Beside the Burj Khalifa
Holding its own next to the gargantuan Burj Khalifa building, the 63-floor Address Downtown Dubai hotel is a skyscraper stacked with style and opulence. Housing eight bars and restaurants, seven swimming pools, a signature spa and 196 elegant rooms, this towering totem of sophistication is taking luxury and comfort to new heights.
Need to know
Rates For Smith's exclusive rates, ring our 24-hour Travel Team on 1 800 464 2040
- Rooms 196, including 25 suites.
- More details Rates include a generous international buffet breakfast. Rates for Grand, Club and Suite room categories also include airport transfers.
- Facilities Spa and beauty salon, swimming pool, 24-hour gym, ballrooms, library, CDs/DVDs to borrow, free valet parking, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, minibar, kettle, Nespresso machine, Acqua di Parma toiletries.
- Poolside The temperature-controlled outdoor infinity pool is a scimitar-shaped sweep, taking in five levels and incorporating a dedicated kids’ pool. Canoe-like wooden sunbeds canoodle in pairs around its curved edges.
- Check-out 12 noon, but flexible, subject to availability (and a charge). Earliest check-in, 3pm. Facilities are available for those checking in early or checking out late.
- Children Cots for babies and extra beds can be added to Premier Garden Rooms and above; there’s a separate children’s pool, and kids’ entertainment at Qix Club on the third floor.
- Also Smoking rooms are available, otherwise smoking is only permitted in outdoor public areas. The Spa has nine treatment rooms – including a couples’ suite – and features a full range of Espa therapies, massages and treatments for both Mr and Mrs Smith.
Food and drink at The Address Downtown Dubai
The Address has eight restaurants and bars, serving everything from coffee and cake to caviar and cocktails, so you definitely won’t go hungry. Our favourites are Hukuma, Dubai’s answer to Hakkasan; Fazaris, with its live Medi-Middle Eastern kitchens; and lobby diner Risala for mezze and snacks.
- Dress code The smarter side of smart casual: shorts at dinner are a no-no; a DvF wrap dress will work everywhere.
- Top table Hard to pick one when there’s so much choice, but gazing out of Neos’ floor-to-ceiling glazing is pretty amazing; or grab an alfresco coffee at the Saha Café in front of the Dubai Fountain.
- Last orders A choice of Continental and American breakfasts are served in Fazaris from 6am to 11am. Fazaris serves food latest, closing its doors at midnight; the Cigar Lounge, Neos and Calabar pull down the shutters at 2.30am.
- Room service An à la carte menu with dishes representing the Address’ many restaurant kitchens can be ordered 24 hours a day.
Award-winning Neos is currently Dubai’s highest bar, towering over the Old Town on the 63rd floor. Lap up those panoramic views while you sip on fancy cocktails and nibble fine-dining delicacies such as oysters. Other options include a nightcap and a smoke in the cool Cigar Lounge on the 13th floor, or Latin lounge beats courtesy of Calabar’s resident DJ. During the day, pool bar Zeta quenches thirsts and staves off snack attacks.
The Address Downtown Dubai Mohamed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Dubai
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Address Downtown Dubai
An additional 50 per cent loyalty money in your Smith account
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All the hotel's rooms are modishly styled with contemporary muted colourways 'inspired by the landscapes of Arabia' (stone, sea, sand, sunset). Spa Suites and Tower Suites have outdoor terraces, which are lovely in the cooler months. Spa Suites are our favourite option for cooler months, as their terraces have daybeds, dining tables and an alfresco soaking tub.
Sunglasses – in fact, pack two pairs, because you’ll go crazy without them. Pashmina/cashmere wrap – essential when the air-con’s on full blast. Swimsuit: you’ll want to do at least one circuit of the pool’s circular channel.
All common areas are wheelchair accessible and guestrooms are fitted with specially adapted bathrooms. If you need to direct a taxi there, tell your driver it’s behind the new Dubai Mall near the Burj Khalifa. If you’re staying in a higher room category, you’ll get a private-limo transfer and an escort from the Address’ private airport lounge right to your room.