Style Piste views and pine
Setting Peaks of 1650
Portetta hotel, sibling to Lime Wood and the Pig, takes all the charms of the forest and pitches them on the piste: you can expect all the sparkly service, effortless style and tasty food, as well as an enviable ski-in, ski-out setting and magical mountain sights.
Need to know
- Rooms 44, including six loft suites, plus three self-catering ski chalets in Courchevel.
Double rooms from $446.92 (€346), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.65 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€346) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast and dinner for hotel guests (b&b only for loft guests), but not the daily tax of €1.65 for every adult.
- Facilities Ski shop, spa, gym, restaurants, bars, concierge, DVD library, games room, WiFi throughout. In rooms, flatscreen TV, minibars and L’Occitane bath products.
- Check-out 11am. Earliest check-in, 4pm; 5pm for loft suite guests.
- Children Cots and extra beds can be provided for children under 11; it’s €30 a day for a cot, but the price for extra beds varies. With 24 hours’ notice, a babysitter can be arranged (roughly €15 an hour).
- Also The hotel has two rooms adapted for wheelchair users.
- Hotel closed The hotel is open in winter only, and generally closes between mid April and mid December.
Food and drink at Portetta
Hearty Savoyard fare is on offer at the hotel’s wood-lined restaurant: fondue, tartiflette and amazing cheese plates to make sure you’re replacing all calories burnt on the slopes. At night, the twinkling lights of the valley and low-lighting up the romance levels. Food is also served outdoors, on Courchevel’s biggest terrace, no less, and in the Brasserie.
- Dress code Smart après-ski: cashmere and cable knits.
- Top table Fill up in between runs without even taking off your boots by sitting out in the Brasserie or Terrace. Indoors, go for a valley-facing window seat where you can watch the stars sparkle over the snow.
- Last orders Breakfast is served between 7.30am and 10am; have lunch from noon until 2.30pm and dinner between 7pm and 9pm. A snacks menu is served until 5pm. The bar shuts at 11pm.
- Room service None.
The bar is open all day for vin chauds by the fire, cocktails and, if you’re lucky, live music – the hotel hosts regular gigs. There's also the outdoors Fire & Ice bar, lit by flaming torches and decorated with snuggly fur furnishings.
Portetta Rue du Marquis, Courchevel 1650, 73120 Saint Bon Tarentaise
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Portetta
A bottle of Savoie wine
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Shell out the extra cash for a Piste View every time – these rooms are perfectly placed not only for mountain vistas, but spectacular sunrises, thanks to their perch in the sunniest patch of Courchevel. Book a loft if you fancy lots of open-plan space and your own roaring fire.
Don’t panic if you’ve left any gear behind: the hotel has its own ski shop.
There’s a Darphin spa with three treatment rooms, a blue-tiled steam room, hammam and sauna, as well as a chill-out area with wicker beds to unwind on pre- or post-pampering; try a hydrating facial or the muscle-soothing post-sport massage.