Pinctada Cable Beach
Style Pearl of a place
Setting A block from Cable Beach
With an iconic beach on its doorstep, Pinctada Cable Beach hotel in Broome pulls off coastal luxe with pizzazz. Styling in the spacious rooms is relaxed and contemporary, with breezy lounging decks, plantation shutters and multi-culti nods to the town's Asian heritage. Aboriginal-inspired spa treats and fine dining add to the allure.
Need to know
- Rooms 72, including 17 suites.
Double rooms from $240.82 (AU$247), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (AU$247) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include return airport transfers, but exclude full breakfast at AU$28 a person a day, or AU$18 for a Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, gym, CD/DVD library, concierge, gardens, boutique, WiFi or broadband throughout (from AU$5 an hour to AU$59.95 for a week). In rooms: flatscreen TV with 150 movies on-demand, CD/DVD player, iPod dock, Nespresso coffee machine, minibar, beach towels, organic Mount Romance sandalwood toiletries, aromatherapy bath oil menu (except in Shinju Studios). Some Honjin Courtyard Suites and all Master Pearler Suites sport kitchenettes with Miele appliances.
- Poolside The cleverly designed outdoor Maxima Pool, at the heart of the resort, is surrounded by generous chill-out areas with plenty of sun-beds and shading trees. Knock out a few lengths in the 25-metre lap lane, then kick back with a cool beer from the Brizo Pool Bar.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible subject to availability and time required; after 4pm, a full extra night's tariff applies. Check-in, 3pm.
- Children Well-travelled children are welcome, although there's no kids' club or babysitting. Baby cots are free and extra rollaway beds cost AU$50 a child a night. More...
- Also Pinctada Cable Beach is a non-smoking hotel. Pets are not allowed.
Food and drink at Pinctada Cable Beach
With a seasonal menu designed by respected Melbourne chef Greg Malouf and savvy service, the excellent Selene Brasserie whips up spice-trail wonders, blending sharp and sweet North African, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean flavours with a taste of the Kimberley. Dukkah, goat's cheese, pistachios and pomegranate seem well suited to the tropical climate, with the pearl meat starter a stand-out. Expect house-made breads, pastas and desserts, with a fine selection of Australian wines. The venue's sleek, too, teaming rattan furniture and timber floors with white tablecloths, bold lighting and art.
- Dress code Floaty white maxi-dresses for her; neutral-toned linens for him.
- Top table Poolside at Brizo, where curvy, rattan lounge chairs are perfect for cosying up with your companion.
- Last orders Snack or sip at Brizo from 11am until 6pm; Selene serves dinner from 6pm until 9pm; Nyx keeps mixing from 4pm until late.
Sofa-scattered Nyx Bar, named after the Greek goddess of the night, tempts guests with cocktail creations come evening. By day, Brizo Pool Bar & Cafe is the go to quaff a chilled glass of white on your poolside lounger, overlooking landscaped gardens and a cascading water feature. It also dishes up Moroccan-style tapas and snacks.
Pinctada Cable Beach 10 Murray Road, Cable Beach, Broome, Western Australia 6725
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Pinctada Cable Beach
A bottle of wine and canapés
Current offers at Pinctada Cable Beach
Offers at Pinctada Cable Beach
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For added privacy and intimacy, we liked the 12 Honjin Courtyard Suites, clustered in groups of four around serene, shared courtyards with a plunge pool and private decks (room 707 has a top spot). Team them with the interconnecting Studios if you're travelling with family or friends. For understated chic, the five spacious Master Pearler Suites also get the thumbs-up, perched above the Brizo bar with pool views.
This is the gateway to the Kimberley so pack for Outback desert adventures as well as beach action. Shorts for camel rides on the shore; boots for trekking in the dunes; a mask and snorkel for swimming with manta rays; and coastal-chic threads for glamming up come evening.
Relax in the world-class Pinctada Spa, set around a courtyard plunge pool, where native Li'Tya products and rituals, such as smoke ceremonies, tap into indigenous heritage. Choose between couples, individual and group treatment rooms, before unwinding in the sauna, mineral bath, Vichy showers or juice bar. A spa dining menu stops the munchies in their tracks.