Mario de' Fiori 37
Style Refined Roman retreat
Setting Vibrant Via Condotti
Mario de’ Fiori 37 sits in Rome’s historic heart – a 17th-century townhouse with canopied beds, original beamed ceilings and stylish marble and mosaic bathrooms. The city’s galleries, shops and sights are just a short walk away, but the hotel remains a peaceful, pared-down pad.
Need to know
- Rooms Seven, including three suites.
Double rooms from $317.23 (€245), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €2.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€245) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, from €14.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, concierge (7am until 10.30pm), night porter. In rooms: flatscreen TV, Nespresso machine and minibar.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible, subject to availability (and a €100 charge after 1pm). Check-in, from 2pm.
- Children Little Smiths are welcome, with cots free for babies and extra beds for €30. Babysitting with a local nanny costs €20–€25 an hour. The hotel has a booklet called ‘Kids in Rome’, which lists child-friendly activities.
- Also No pets or smoking. Sister property Babuino 181 serves Continental breakfast on their roof terrace and complimentary drinks after 6pm.
Food and drink at Mario de' Fiori 37
Breakfast is brought to rooms between 8.30am and 10am. The hotel doesn’t have a restaurant, but there are plenty of foodie options nearby. Nearby sister property Babuino 181 serves continental breakfast, as well as free drinks after 6pm.
- Room service No room service here, so pick up in-room provisions from the shops and delis on Piazza del Popolo.
Mario de' Fiori 37 Via Mario de' Fiori 37/B, Rome, Lazio, 00187
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Mario de' Fiori 37
A bottle of prosecco and tickets to a local museum
Current offers at Mario de' Fiori 37
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Go for a Junior Suite – a romantic choice, with its creamy palette and elegant swooping canopy above the bed. Inky blue chairs and chunky candles in the fireplace are homely touches. Or splurge on the Rooftop Suite, and sleep beneath the timber beams, surrounded by white and cream walls, wood panelling and a cosy sofa and chair.
A cashmere scarf; filmstar-fabulous sunglasses; a scent with a citrus zing to refresh you in the heat. Mrs Smiths: since the walk back to the hotel is never far, bring your heels and give the local goddesses a run for their money.
Look out for Carlo Gavazzeni’s photos of Roman monuments, fountains and statues adorning the walls. Epstein layers multiple photographs to make one image, resulting in a painterly effect.