Style Casa famiglia
Setting Venice’s tranquil twin
Maison Matilda hotel is Treviso’s first dabble into boutique retreats, and it leads by stellar example, rich, chocolatey rooms, polished floors, and the best all-day breakfasts in northern Italy.
Need to know
- Rooms Six, including one suite.
Double rooms from $211.50 (€164), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€164) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Library, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD player, Tivoli radio, Ortigia bath products, Nespresso coffee, Mariage Frères tea and soft drinks.
- Check-out 12 noon, but you can stay a little longer if there’s no-one else booked in. Earliest check-in, 1pm.
- Children Cots are provided free; extra beds for 8–14-year-olds cost €50 a night (otherwise they’re €80).
- Also In-room beauty treatments can be arranged.
Food and drink at Maison Matilda
None, but Maison Matilda’s only a stroll away from some great restaurants. Breakfast can be served at any time of day in your bedroom, by the fire in the living room, on the terrace, or in the courtyard.
- Dress code Match the decor: start with vintage, supplement with neutral, and embellish with contemporary.
- Top table Shotgun the sunloungers on the terrace, or settle in with a book on the sleek ivory sofa.
- Last orders You can request breakfast at any time.
- Room service Nothing formal, but staff will do whatever they can if you ask.
There’s no bar, but there’s an in-room soft-drink stash, and staff will serve stronger refreshments anywhere in the hotel. The owners often host cocktail evenings.
Maison Matilda 44 Via Jacopo Riccati, Treviso, Italy, 31100
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Maison Matilda
A glass of prosecco each and free parking.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
True to its name, La Romantica is a love den worth swooning over for its red lacquered four-poster bed that’s king-size but feels bigger, high ceilings with white wooden beams, parquet flooring, shower for two, and peaceful private terrace with views over the courtyard. Cosy and inviting, La Musica – taking up the whole top floor – has a treehouse-y feel and is teched out with a Bang & Olufsen sound system (hence the name). ‘Best Bathroom’ prize goes to La Suite, which dazzles with its Carrera marble-clad number.
Cobble-friendly footwear and cycling shorts to fit in with the bike-happy locals.