Les Sardines aux Yeux Bleus
Style Shabby-chic boho bonhomie
Setting Provençal stone hamlet
Earthy, antique shabby-chic, with a streak of Provençal DNA: Les Sardines aux Yeux Bleus near Uzès offers a medley of modest, mismatched charm. Terracotta tiles lead out to sweet-scented gardens and a deliciously cool pool; inside, a higgledy-piggledy, TV-free jumble of flowers picked from hedgerows and open fireplaces will enchant even the hardest-to-please.
Need to know
- Rooms Five, including three ensuite rooms and two apartments with basic self-catering facilities and a terrace.
Double rooms from $132.79 (€103), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.15 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€103) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include a generous Continental breakfast.
- Facilities The B&B's big on vintage furnishings and character, but not obsessed by 'amenities'. If a plug-in kettle, tea bags and no TV offend, this may not be the place for you. (There's free broadband internet). Apartments have kitchenettes and terraces.
- Poolside Steps lead up from the courtyard to a sun-warmed pool, where a raised sunbathing platform offers shade to the loungers below.
- Check-out 11.30am, but flexible depending on the next guests.
- Children Little ones aged 12 and under stay free. Babysitting can be arranged at €7–€10. There is an extra cot available at no extra cost.
- Also Pets are welcome, to the tune of €10 a day.
- Hotel closed At Christmas.
Food and drink at Les Sardines aux Yeux Bleus
- Hotel restaurant As a chambre d’hôte, there is no restaurant or room service (hey, it's a licence issue), but a delightful breakfast is served in the little dining room, or, if the weather obliges, on a rustic wooden table in the courtyard.
- Dress code Crumpled linens for stretching out under Tuillerie trees at twilight.
- Top table There is a small sitting room with comfy antique sofas hidden with cushions (fight the cats for a space).
- Hotel bar There's no bar; however, the two apartments have fridges ready for you to chill your locally sourced wines.
Les Sardines aux Yeux Bleus Hameau de Gattigues, Aigaliers, 30700 Languedoc-Roussillon
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Les Sardines aux Yeux Bleus
A complimentary bottle of wine, an aperitif and a box of local, seasonal goodies
In the know
Our favourite rooms
With its high ceilings, vintage furnishings and wrought iron furniture, the blue room is beyond tranquil. Linen drapes hang from copper poles; a roll-top bath with linen curtains creates a room within a room, and a unique bathing experience. The green room is also a favourite, with its spacious bathroom and pebble mosaic floor detail amongst terracotta tiles. The larger apartment has the most private terrace, a small white bedroom and a stunning bathroom where old chandeliers jostle for attention alongside the polished concrete walls and dark purple linen floor-length curtains.
Pack a relaxed demeanour – this place is for chilling. (Also bring shampoo/conditioner – general smellies are not provided).