Le Couvent d'Hérépian
Style Vaulted mod-convent
Setting Pastoral Languedoc
Hérépian, a small village on the fringes of the Haut Languedoc national park, couldn’t provide a more scenic setting for this renovated 17th-century convent. Adding modern touches such as a subterranean spa, a terraced garden and a mouthwatering table d’hôte to its ancient vaulted ceilings and period charms, Le Couvent d’Hérépian is a boutique hotel that offers great get-away-from-it-all value in a real rural idyll.
Need to know
- Rooms 13 suites.
Double rooms from $197.38 (€149), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€149) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Buffet breakfast is €16 a person.
- Facilities Small spa, library with CDs and DVDs, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: kitchenette with hob, microwave, coffee-maker and fridge, flatscreen TV, DVD/CD, preloaded iPod and dock, L’Occitane bath products.
- Poolside The hotel’s underground spa has an eight-person heated relaxation pool tiled in soft watery blues, as well as one treatment room and a tea room.
- Check-out 11am. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Although it’s more of an adults’ escape, the hotel can provide extra beds for €30 a night, and babysitting by arrangement.
- Also Le Couvent is non-smoking throughout.
Food and drink at Le Couvent d'Hérépian
- Hotel restaurant Le Couvent d’Hérépian offers a table d’hôte, given a day’s notice. Chef and charcutier Michel Aninat, noted for his saucisse by Rick Stein, prepares tapas and hearty dishes such as lamb confit and coq au vin.
- Dress code Low-key and loungey.
- Top table You can perch anywhere you like for wine and nibbles. Make a beeline for the main terrace on a balmy evening; when it’s chillier, the fireplace in the salon has a cluster of cosy armchairs.
- Last orders The tapas menu is available until 8.30pm, and the bar closes at around 10pm.
- Room service Breakfast can be brought to you, and there’s a tapas menu served until 7.30pm.
- Hotel bar The honesty bar is down in a vaulted limestone cellar, where you can sink into chunky contemporary chairs with a glass of local wine; it can be plundered all night long. Aperitifs are served every evening in the bar, salon or gardens.
Le Couvent d'Hérépian 2 Rue du Couvent, 34600 Hérépian
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Le Couvent d'Hérépian
A bottle of Chateau de Raissac
Current offers at Le Couvent d'Hérépian
Offers at Le Couvent d'Hérépian
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Suites 4, and 12 and on the upper floors each have private balconies looking out over the gardens. The ground-floor suites have dinky terraces, but without the grand panoramas of the suites above. The split-level Garden Suite comes with toasty underfloor heating.
Your cutest eco shopping bag to stuff with goodies from the local markets.
The spa products are freshly prepared, organic and use locally sourced ingredients: camomile, olive, lavender, honey, thyme and grapeseed.