Style Sophisticated city slicker
Setting Polanco shopping zona
Immaculately groomed, modern-minded and cosmopolitan (and that's just the guests), Las Alcobas hotel in plush Polanco is an elegant ensemble of rosewood, marble and leather. Its suity side keeps jetsetting laptop-lovers happy, but this rarefied retreat knows how to spoil you too, with a little spa, modern Mexican fine dining and anything's-possible service. Las Alcobas certainly means business, but never at the expense of pleasure.
Need to know
- Rooms 35, including four suites.
Double rooms from $239.00, excluding tax at 19 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($239) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates usually include a Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, gym and free WiFi throughout. In rooms: Bose surround sound home cinema with CD/DVD player, SCO bath products, free minibar packed with Mexican candies and soda pop; and 24-hour butler service.
- Check-out Noon, but flexible, subject to availability, typically free before 5pm. Check-in, 3pm, but you can check in from 10am if you pay for an extra half-day.
- Children Better suited for teenagers, but better still for grown-ups. With 24 hours’ notice, staff babysitter can be organised for younger kids for US$20 an hour. Under-sevens are only accepted by prior arrangement.
- Also Get pampered with massages and signature facials employing indigenous botanicals such as aloe vera, agave and maize, available in the hotel’s treatment rooms. Office supplies and colourful puzzle maps of Mexico can be found in the desk drawers.
Food and drink at Las Alcobas
Chef Martha Ortiz keeps the fiesta going at Dulce Patria, serving a menu of traditional Mexican cuisine with modern flourishes. Inlaid die-cut flowers line the entrance and doors and the dining room is bathed in vibrant reds. Lime green and chilli-red sauces are swirled onto plates. Tuck into multi-coloured quesadillas stuffed with zucchini blossoms, Oaxaca cheese and pine nuts lashed with salsa sultana, plantain-encrusted duck in a black mole or red and green pepper-studded red snapper prepared Veracruz-style. Wash it all down with a tangy margarita or a potent mezcal.
- Dress code Sleek suits and the season’s latest party frock; secure a festive flower behind Mrs Smith's ear.
- Top table Head upstairs and pick a balcony-side table where you can people-watch Polanco’s boutiques while you dine.
- Last orders Breakfast is from 7am; lunch 1pm to 4pm, and dinner’s normally available until 11.30pm.
- Room service Salads, quesadillas and ceviche are available 24 hours a day.
There's no bar in the hotel but you're surrounding by some hopping after-dark hotspots – Buddha Bar is on the same street.
Las Alcobas Presidente Masaryk 390, Polanco Chapultepec, Mexico City, Distrito Federal, 11560
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Las Alcobas
Full Mexican breakfast and 15 per cent off spa treatments
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Kitted out with a crisp white and steely grey Italian sofa, the Masaryk Suite is modern and design-centred. The sky-blue and milky white marble bath with rich wood fixtures is grand without being imposing. Feeling presidential? Choose the biggest suite, the Pasaje Penthouse for artfully presented mod cons such as the single controller which powers the lights, drapes and music and even calls the concierge. The best part is the show-stopping mirror-backed fireplace.
Be all business: bring your it-bag and sharpest city-slicker looks. Forget your Dior shades and pick-up a new pair at the nearby boutique.
Unwind after a day of shopping and sightseeing at a Pilates class.