Hotel Saint Cecilia
Style Hip house and beatnik bungalows
Setting Secluded SoCo estate
Named after the patron saint of music, Hotel Saint Cecilia’s historic house, stylish studios and boho bungalows emanate rebellious rock ’n’ roll character. Drawing inspiration from artistic, melodic types such as Warhol, Miro and The Stones, this boutique Texan hotel has sensual, sultry decor and a leafy tranquil setting, just off the SoCo strip.
Need to know
- Rooms 14, including five suites.
Double rooms from $235.00, excluding tax at 15 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($235) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (from US$15).
- Facilities Library, including DVDs and vintage vinyls, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock, Geneva sound system including a turntable, minibar packed with gourmet treats such as calissons, and a bathroom apothecary minibar.
- Poolside The outdoor 50ft pool is lit up by a big neon ‘SOUL’ sign; very Austin, and very fabulous.
- Check-out Noon but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Welcome – travel cots are provided for babies and there is a babysitting service (book this 24 hours in advance).
- Also This hippy-at-heart hotel likes to spread the love, welcoming canine guests for $25 a day – as long as owners keep pets close by and clean up after them. Smokers can light up on the outdoor patios.
Food and drink at Hotel Saint Cecilia
- Hotel restaurant The kitchen is open for breakfast, rustling up organic, farm-fresh treats including omelettes with truffle oil, French toast and crêpes. Eat in the ink-blue Hotel Saint Cecilia Lounge, with its rock ‘n’ roll marble-topped bar, resident (and resplendent) white stuffed bird and weathered chesterfield sofas. You can also order cheese boards or charcuterie plates at the bar.
- Dress code Think Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis: channel offbeat, hipster cool, with vintage Ossie Clark and Biba threads.
- Top table Nab the vintage black leather sofa outside and dig the view as you snack.
- Last orders Breakfast is served up from 7 to 11am, and the laid-back bar is open from 5pm to 11pm Sunday to Thursday, and 4pm to midnight on Friday and Saturday.
- Room service Ask at reception for drinks or treats outside of the bar’s opening hours, although they stop serving alcohol after 2am (how wise).
- Hotel bar Quaff the bar’s signature Two Saints cocktail in the Hotel Saint Cecilia Lounge, and soak up the moody soundtrack of 60s and 70s rock and folk, with some modern indie jives thrown in for the young bloods in the audience.
Hotel Saint Cecilia 112 Academy Drive, Austin, Texas TX 78704
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hotel Saint Cecilia
Two complimentary drinks in the bar
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Suite One, in the Victorian house, is a moody ruby- and black-splashed space, with a glimmering vintage crystal chandelier, heavy claret-coloured curtains, a black antique desk, and sheepskin and hide rugs scattered across the glossy, dark wood floors. The sitting room’s vivid turquoise, peacock-feather-patterned walls provide a trippy shot of colour, and the spacious bathroom, with its claw-foot bath tub, opens onto an outdoor shower. Garden Suite Five’s private porch, kitted out with two vintage tan leather club chairs and a table for cocktails, is the perfect setting for midnight mischief. Alternatively, Bungalow Twelve has lofty ceilings, blue and red vintage touches, a merman-worthy bath tub and views of the pool.
Leave your oils and unguents at home – the bathroom’s minibar treats are divine; bring a moleskin notebook to jot down Dylan-style musings.
The vintage 1970s Citroën parked in the garden doubles up as an occasional taxi – for guests who ask nicely.