Hospes Palau de la Mar
Style Minimalist modern palace
Setting Edge of the old town
A lazy meander from the winding streets of the ancient city centre, Hospes Palau de la Mar is a grand and glamorous boutique hotel occupying two former palace buildings. The hotel blends period features with a clean-lined contemporary sheen. Original features, such as the colossal wooden doors and the impressive marble staircases, offer hints of bygone grandeur, and the polished marbled lobby floors, lingering scent of orange blossom and subterranean spa lend an atmosphere of soothing serenity.
Need to know
- Rooms 66, including five Junior Suites and a Presidential Suite.
Double rooms from $164.14 (€127), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€127) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Spa with small gym, sauna and steam bath, free WiFi throughout, underground parking. In rooms: plasma TV, minibar, Korres toiletries. Suites have DVD/CD players too.
- Poolside Fed by two miniature waterfalls, the hydrotherapy lap pool in the hotel’s ground floor may not be suited to Olympic swims but it’s ideal for a quick rejuvenating dip.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible upon request and availability.
- Children Palau de la Mar is more of a sanctuary for grown-ups, but nippers are welcome. Cots are available.
- Also Smoking is only allowed in the restaurant. Smallish dogs (up to 12kgs) are welcome, for a charge of €50 a night. Parking costs €18 a day.
Food and drink at Hospes Palau de la Mar
- Hotel restaurant The bright, white Senzone restaurant mixes regional specialities (such as paella and other rice dishes) with innovative international cuisine. Naturally, the kitchen can work miracles with oranges, and the meat is palpably exquisite.
- Dress code You can dine in anything, but you'll want to don a shirt and jacket or a daringly cut black number to meet the mood.
- Top table Grab a window seat and watch Valencian life passing by.
- Last orders Senzone serves lunch between 2pm and 4.30pm and dinner from 8.30pm to 11.30pm. The lounge mixes drinks until 1am.
- Room service A full menu of drinks and light meals is offered until 11pm.
- Hotel bar Looking out over the garden, the smart cocktail lounge beside the lobby shakes up a mean martini and also provides coffees and teas during the day. Lined with artwork and comfortable armchairs, it's ideal for an aperitif or a nightcap.
Hospes Palau de la Mar 14 Navarro Reverter, Valencia, 46004
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Hospes Palau de la Mar
A bottle of Mistela dessert wine, free dessert with every dinner booked at Senzone restaurant, and, for stays of four nights or more, a 20-minute massage for one person in the Bodyna spa
Current offers at Hospes Palau de la Mar
Offers at Hospes Palau de la Mar
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Junior Suite 501 is our top pick – it’s enormous, for starters, and has a separate entrance corridor with a long businesslike desk, as well as airy skylights, a plush bathroom with a freestanding roll-top bath and spacious walk-in shower. Rooms 310 and 410 have the best views, and the rooms around the terrace gardens are the most light and peaceful – ask for the Double Superior 005 as it’s the biggest, and has a sofa bed that’s handy for children. Any room that ends in ‘05’ has a sliding window between the bathroom and the bedroom that opens up the space and allows you to bask in the bath tub while your partner relaxes on the bed.
Don't bother stuffing a wash bag with things you think you'll need, Palau del Mar's toiletry provision would delight Cleopatra, even down to rarely offered essentials such as a toothbrush and paste, lip balm, and a full shaving set.
The Bodyna spa spans two floors, with the airy treatment rooms looking out onto the pretty courtyard gardens. There’s a rejuvenating array of massages and treatments, including Valencia-inspired specialities that feature Mediterranean sea salt.