Style Bali-inspired boho B&B
Setting Patchwork hills of Andalucia
A cluster of sandy stone cottages surrounded by a swathe of farmer’s fields, Finca Naranja may look as rustic as it gets on the outside, but its interiors are cosy, calming and contemporary. 15 minutes outside the ancient city of Ronda, this serene and bohemian bed and breakfast is the ideal rural getaway for independent peace-seekers.
Need to know
- Rooms Four rooms, including two suites.
Double rooms from $146.87 (€114), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€114) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Don’t expect plasma screens; this is a basic boutique B&B geared towards simple pleasures (but there is free WiFi throughout. There are enchanting gardens surrounding the house, and kitchenettes with hobs and a stocked mini-fridge in rooms. There's air-conditioning in all but Suite 1.
- Poolside Lined with potted palms and geraniums, there’s an unheated pool on the light-stone patio, overlooking the surrounding fields and farmland.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible on request. Earliest check-in, 1pm.
- Children Cots are €25 a night; extra beds, €45. There are no special kids’ facilities as such (other than a trampoline), but the owner’s two children both live on site, and more are always welcome.
- Also Two-night minimum stay.
Food and drink at Finca Naranja
- Hotel restaurant There’s no restaurant, but you can pop out to eat in Ronda or rustle up your own dishes in the in-room kitchenette. The owner, Conchita, bakes fresh pastries every day for breakfast, left in a little basket by bedroom doors.
- Dress code There’s no one except fellow guests, Conchita and her children, so prepare for day-long swimwear lounging.
- Room service None.
- Hotel bar Nope; stash your beverages in the in-room fridge.
Finca Naranja 42 Peña Cerrada, Ronda, Málaga, Andalucia, 29400
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Finca Naranja
A bottle of cava and a bag of orange chocolates
In the know
Our favourite rooms
There are only four to choose from, but if you’re after privacy, request the stand-alone suite down the fruit tree-lined path from the main house. It’s a beamed, whitewashed space with a working fireplace, and a bed secreted in a little loft space at the top of a wooden ladder. The shuttered French doors open onto a private patio.
Snacks and wine to top up your fridge – there are no meals served at the hotel.
Make sure you rent a car – you’ll need one to make the 15-minute trip into Ronda and to explore your countryside surroundings.
From the Guestbook…
Definitely one of the more surprising places on the Mr & Mrs Smith website, and I'll bet it’s not for everybody; however, I loved the place. When you leave the country, a...more