Style Kasbah with added wow!
Setting Betwixt High Atlas and Sahara
There’s little about this 19th-century Kasbah that won’t leave you slack-jawed. Following a dusty road from the Atlas Mountains into the Sahara desert is a suitable way to whet your appetite for adventure, but even the most committed sybarite might be overwhelmed by this ‘House of Dreams’ (as its name translates). The creation of a Parisian party planner, Dar Ahlam is as luxurious as lodgings get – let alone in this landscape.
Need to know
- Rooms Nine suites and three villas.
Double rooms from $1348.30 (€1,045), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€1,045) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates are all-inclusive.
- Facilities CD player in the villas, air-conditioning, open fireplace, under-floor heating in the bathrooms, hairdryer, toiletries.
- Poolside Outdoor swimming pool, and private pools with the villas.
- Check-out They are flexible and do not have precise check-out times, as it depends on clients’ arrival time.
- Children Baby cots can be added to every Petite suite. The Syrian suite can accommodate a child under ten. Babysitting is possible; the cost is included.
- Also For €1,600 you can spend the night under the stars in the desert, in a tent for two.
Food and drink at Dar Ahlam
- Hotel restaurant The menu combines traditional Moroccan specialities and the latest culinary innovations. Frederick Grasser Hermé is in charge of savoury delights, and desserts are dreamed up by French pâtissier Pierre Hermé.
- Dress code Casual but elegant sportswear is the usual attire.
- Top table Dar Ahlam prides itself on privacy. You always eat à deux or en famille, and you never eat in the same place twice. Take lunch in a herb garden or an olive grove, then dine in a cosy corner of the kasbah or on a secret terrace.
- Hotel bar Every night, aperitifs or digestifs are served in the grand salon. Or request a special private aperitif on the rooftop.
Dar Ahlam Douar Oulad Chikh Ali - Casbah El Madihi, Ouarzazate, Province of Ouarzazate, 45500
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Dar Ahlam
A handmade candle
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Dar Ahlam does not allocate the suites in advance, but all are spacious, with air-conditioning, fireplaces, roomy bathrooms and a view of the Atlas Mountains. None has a TV or telephone (but there's good mobile network coverage). Each one has been decorated individually with unusual antiques and silk curtains. The three villas are built around a central patio, and feature a terrace with a fireplace and a private heated pool.
Swimwear and sunhats; something hardy if you plan any more energetic activities. The temperature plunges at night, even in summer, so you'll benefit from a wardrobe of layers.