Style Character à la carte
Setting Forested frontier village
The little bistro has been serving up kirsch and Picon to thirsty Williers villagers since World War II, but the twin farmhouses of Chez Odette have a shiny modern sheen, with sultry chocolate hues and sleek woody walls. Snuggled in a green and grassy corner of northern France, a hop from the Belgian border, it’s an intimate rural hideaway, stamped with style.
Need to know
- Rooms Nine, including two suites, spread between a pair of buildings.
Double rooms from $222.99 (€173), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€173) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, €19.
- Facilities Book/DVD library, free WiFi throughout, bikes for hire. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD, iPod dock, bottled water.
- Check-out 12 noon, but may be flexible. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Chez Odette is happy to provide baby beds (€25) and highchairs.
- Also Pets are welcome, and there’s plenty of dog-walking acreage in the surrounding woodland.
- Hotel closed Monday to Thursday.
Food and drink at Chez Odette
- Hotel restaurant The hotel’s poised and polished eatery is a picture of romance, with black-wood furniture, lamplight and inventive seasonal cuisine. (Closed from Sunday evening to Tuesday afternoon.)
- Dress code Mr Smith should aim for country-gent casual; demure summer dress for Madame.
- Top table On the terrace, at a table twinkling with tea lights.
- Last orders Lunch is served from noon, dinner from 7pm, but light meals and snacks are available all day in the bar-bistro, which closes at 10pm.
- Room service Anything on the restaurant or bistro menu can be brought to your room before 8pm.
- Hotel bar Attached to a snug sitting room with cosy cushioned sofas and board games aplenty, Odette’s bar-bistro is the place to sample the local Trappist brew, Orval, accompanied by the customary tot of Picon bitters. Guests generally only have to pay for bottled drinks.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Chez Odette Rue Principale, 08110 Williers
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Chez Odette
A bottle of champagne
In the know
Our favourite rooms
No 9 has everything going for it: peaceful privacy, far from any bustle, dark-wood walls, a working open fireplace, deep-set bath with separate shower, and wonderful views of the village and fields beyond. No 5 has exposed beams and a spacious, barn-like feel. No 1 is ideal for families – huge, with bay windows.
No need for wellies – the hotel has a supply of all sizes for roving ramblers.
Ask nicely, and Odette’s staff will whisk you 5km down the road to L’Abbage d’Orval in Belgium, where you can combine the twin pleasures of rambling around abbey ruins and taste-testing Trappist brews and cheeses (www.orval.be).