Casa la Siesta
Style Andalucian amour
Setting Vejer’s final frontier
Casa la Siesta in Vejer de la Frontera is a love story in property development. The owners met at a local Spanish class, fell in love, bought a house, sold it and then built this one brick by brick. You’d never guess it, though: this new-build has the charm and elegance of a place that’s been there for hundreds of years. The proof is in the perfection – all details are covered, from divine dinners and the lavender-scented landscape, to the finely tuned music and romantic bedrooms.
Need to know
- Rooms Seven, including four suites and a self-catering casita.
Double rooms from $308.14 (€240), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€240) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include soft drinks, beer and breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi, gardens, bikes to borrow, stables and a book/CD library. In rooms: preloaded iPod and REN bath products.
- Poolside There’s a heated pool at the bottom of the garden overlooking the green hills and wind turbines in the distance.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible if there’s availability. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children This hotel is better suited to couples - leave the children at home!
- Also There’s a two-night minimum stay. With a bit of notice, yoga and massages can be arranged.
Food and drink at Casa la Siesta
- Hotel restaurant There’s no restaurant, but the owners lay on a table d’hôte five times a week. Amelia cooks up simple Spanish fare such as grilled fish with caper salsa and secreto Ibérico (a hidden cut of marbled meat – fatty, but delicious). The set menu costs €35 excluding wine.
- Dress code What you’d wear to your friend’s house for a slap-up supper.
- Top table One of the tables for two by the window so you can look out over the gardens.
- Last orders Breakfast is served between 9am and 11am. Grab lunch between 12pm and 3pm, and dinner from 8.30pm until midnight.
- Room service Light bites can be brought up to your room from noon until 7pm.
- Hotel bar There’s an honesty bar with wine and spirits which guests can help themselves to 24 hours a day.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Casa la Siesta Casa La Siesta, Los Parralejos s/n, Vejer de la Frontera, Cadiz Province, 11150
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Casa la Siesta
A bottle of local sherry
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Go to sleep in the Honeymoon Suite and wake up looking out to the rolling hills through the wall of glass doors. It’s also home to a crystal chandelier, a dressing table with an antique brush and mirror, a roll-top bath behind the bed and two enormous rain-head showers. Spacious Suite 3 is the breeziest: it has terraces on both sides of the building.
Riding boots and jodhpurs to have a canter on one of the rescued horses at the on-site refuge. No beach towels: there’ll be one ready to use in your room.
Pat him all you like, but don’t feed the dog. He’s on his own special diet.