Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa
Style Tropical romance
Setting Private Motu Tevairoa isle
Beloved of honeymooners and the jet set, supermodel-beautiful Bora Bora's soaring, jungle-green central island is surrounded by a beyond-blue lagoon. Polynesian temptress Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa hotel has the best seat in the house, perched on a magical motu (mini isle) at the lagoon's edge, looking in on spectacular scenes. Flaunting overwater bungalows, beachside suites and a stellar spa, it's a recipe for seduction.
Need to know
- Rooms 80, including 10 suites.
Double rooms from $827.26 (XPF76,950), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 4% per room per night on check-out and an additional local city tax of XPF150.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (XPF76,950) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, gym, dive shop, snorkelling gear, kayaks, canoes, paddleboats, windsurfing boards, activities hut, Jacuzzi, floodlit tennis court, mini-golf, table tennis, billiards, volleyball, bocce, games room, boutique, tattooist, coral nursery, wedding chapel, WiFi throughout from XPF900 an hour (XPF2,900 a day). In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar, own-label toiletries.
- Poolside Forget power laps, the voluptuous pool is all about dreamy dips and leisurely swims. Set at the heart of the resort, overlooked by the main restaurant and poolside eatery, it's fringed by foliage and white sunloungers with vistas out to the lagoon. A Jacuzzi beckons for bubbles.
- Check-out 11am; check-in, 2pm. Late check-outs are subject to availability in low season, for 50 per cent of the tariff before 6pm; after 6pm, you'll need to fork out for an extra night. Changing rooms can be booked on site for transfer days.
- Children Kids up to age 14 get free boat transfers, can dine on children's menu meals gratis, and can stay in your room for free on a converted sofa-bed (or bag an extra rollaway bed for a fee). Babysitting available at additional cost.
- Also Seductive, spacious Manea Spa embraces the gardens, with serene, pond-peppered treatment rooms looking out over lily-dotted water and tropical trees. Exclusive treatments include Vichy showers or massages with 'dancing feet'.
Food and drink at Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa
Occupying a lofty perch atop the main resort building, Tevairoa restaurant is a simple, thatched space with an airy terrace and views over the swimming pool to the lagoon. Breakfast and dinner are served here, with a cosmopolitan mix of French, Polynesian and international dishes, starring fish, seafood and local produce. On Mondays, there's a Polynesian buffet and traditional dance show; Fridays herald a lavish seafood spread. Poolside Miki Miki restaurant and bar dishes up light lunches of panini, burgers, salads and smoothies on its shaded deck. If you're mad for Med cuisine, adjacent Fare Ambrosia whips up Italian favourites (reserve for dinner Tuesdays to Thursdays; closed May to mid-October).
- Dress code Floaty, informal cottons by day; more sophisticated statements by night. If you tuck a tiare flower behind your ear, left means you're taken, right you're still looking!
- Top table For the best panoramas of Bora Bora's lagoon-lapped mountains, pick a table at the front of the open-air terrace at Tevairoa; front-row seats are also a smart pick for the cultural shows.
- Last orders Dinner is served at Tevairoa from 6.30pm until 9.30pm (with buffets Mondays and Fridays, 7pm until 9.30pm). Poolside Miki Miki is open from 11am until 4pm. Taurearea Bar pours drinks from 5pm until 11.30pm.
- Room service 24-hour room service embraces breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, with soft drinks and wine for tipples. Minibars come stocked with beer, water and snacks, too.
Happy hour kicks in from 5.30pm at elevated Taurearea Bar, a curvy eyrie above the lobby. Pull up a lounge chair or sink into a sofa to soak up lagoon views. Jaunty cocktails and rum marinated with fruits and vanilla are the go.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa Motu Tevairoa, BP 169 Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia, 98730
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa
A bottle of atoll-grown Tahitian wine
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For privacy and space (although no sea views), we like the Garden Pool Suites, which feature huge boudoirs, open-air showers, and a plunge pool, deck and shaded seating area in your own walled garden. Beach Suites with Jacuzzis are a hit with families, set directly on the sand with a separate living area that can sleep the smalls. Honeymooners will love the Overwater Bungalows, with decks giving direct access to the water, or treat yourself to the Premium variety for the best lagoon scoping.
An underwater camera for snapping the dazzling, multi-coloured fish and coral (glass-bottomed coffee-tables in Overwater Bungalows allow you to ogle the aquatic world below).
The hotel even boasts its own in-house tattoo artist! Polynesian tattoos are beautiful, abstract, personal and symbolic, representing everything from family to power, protection or nature. Tuhei, from the Tuamotus islands, is at the lobby daily if you'd like to discuss designs or see books of his work, with appointments carried out in a dedicated spa room and priced according to the duration and difficulty of the piece.