Style Orient excess
Setting Secluded SW7
Blakes Hotel – the very name conjures up a whole era of modern decadence. Each room at Anouska Hempel's South Ken boutique hotel has its own style, but all are inspired by various far-off lands: Russia, India, Turkey… The decor, while perhaps a little too redolent of the Eighties for some, is testament to Ms Hempel's impeccable taste and astonishing attention to detail.
Need to know
- Rooms 47.
Double rooms from $332.15 (£219), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£219) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout. Massage and therapy room with a full range of treatments (book in advance) and gym.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible (subject to availability).
- Children Children very welcome; babysitters and nannies available on request.
- Also Every guest receives a welcome drink on arrival.
Food and drink at Blakes Hotel
- Hotel restaurant The seductively lit, boudoir-chic restaurant at Blakes offers Modern European dining with Eastern influences: try pan-fried oysters with sesame seeds and sweet soy, wok-fried salt-and-pepper soft-shell crabs, Dover sole or beef teriyaki. There's also some serious caviar-devotee temptation in the form of Beluga or Oscietra dishes. You can have a relaxed breakfast here, from 7am until late.
- Dress code Sheer glamour: this is the 'couture' hotel, after all.
- Top table Table 11, tucked away at the back of the restaurant. That said, all the tables are good.
- Last orders 10:45pm in the restaurant. You can also order from the room-service menu and eat in the Chinese Room (also known as Opium Den) 24 hours a day.
- Room service 24 hours. The all-day menu has moreish morsels from ponzu giner broth with Moneybags (dim sum) to Blakes burgers.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Blakes Hotel 33 Roland Gardens, London, South Kensington SW7 3PF
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Blakes Hotel
Blakes truffles and macaroons, and complimentary Continental breakfast
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Corfu Suite, which you enter from the garden; the Cardinal Suite (all in luscious reds); the Empress Josephine Suite with tented bed and a rich colour scheme of ebony and gold. If you're a book lover, try the grandiose librarian suite. The following room types sparkle from recent refurbishments: the Parisian Single, Luxury Double, Director's Double and Luxury Suite.