Deposit policy A Smith deposit is required to confirm your booking. If you need to cancel, as long as you do so before the hotel's cancellation policy comes into effect, the Smith deposit will be refunded to you as a voucher, which you can use towards a future Smith booking. The Manor requires a further deposit of 33% of the booking total which will be charged to you directly by the hotel. The remaining balance is due prior to arrival. 33% of the total amount payable to The Manor via BACS and the remainder due 12 weeks prior to arrival or immediately whichever is closer to the arrival date
Style Aristocratic party pad
Setting Rural West Buckland
The Manor in Somerset dates back to the 13th century, but there’s nothing aged about its approach to celebrations: there’s space for up to 24, all the necessary technological flourishes, a dramatic banquet hall for decadent dinners, a pool table, and romantic rooms to retreat to, post-party. In quieter moments (or for al fresco events), the gorgeous grounds beckon – have a picnic on the lawns or a dip in the heated outdoor pool, admire the koi pond and the wild lake, or play a game of tennis on the courts. Whatever your desire – be it a private chef and a cocktail and canapé reception, or a walking tour of the scenic countryside – the owners will make it happen.
NEED TO KNOW
- Rooms 11, including two suites.
- Rates Double rooms from GBP 3,958, excluding tax at 20 per cent..
- More details Continental breakfast (or a cooked breakfast for parties of 20-plus, on request) is included in the rates.
- Facilities Tennis courts, gardens with a wild lake, sauna, two fully equipped self-catering kitchens, lounges with flatscreen TVs and DVD players, WiFi. In rooms: bathrobes and Bulgari bath products. Some have Bose sound systems.
- Poolside The heated pool is set amid the flowering gardens and oak trees. Relax on one of the wooden day beds, which are equipped with comfy mattresses.
- Check-out 3pm. Earliest check in, 12 noon.
- Children More than welcome – up to four extra beds can be added (free) and there are a range of catering options to please even the fussiest of eaters.
- Also Well-behaved pets can stay free with at least 24 hours’ notice. Dog bowls can be provided. Spencer and Fiona also own a property next door that sleeps up to 10, so any overspill from house parties or wedding celebrations can sleep there.