Style Southern B&B belle
Setting Princely Piedmont Park
Stonehurst Place is a 19th-century artwork-filled inn on a (requisitely tree-lined) residential street in midtown Atlanta. Original fireplaces, grand open-plan rooms and stone porches have had a few modern touches added for good measure: leather headboards, taupe tones and gleaming hardwood floors.
Need to know
- Rooms Five, including three suites.
Double rooms from AU$182.30 ($179), excluding tax at 16 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($179) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi, book/CD/DVD library and parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock with alarm clock, mobile phone charging station, Corian showers and Gilchrist & Soames bath products.
- Check-out 11am. Earliest check-in, 4pm.
- Children Over-12s are welcome.
- Also There’s a Pampered Pooch package for dogs: for US$100 a stay, they’ll be supplied with a bed, food, water bowl and freshly baked doggie biscotti.
Food and drink at Stonehurst Place
There’s no restaurant, just a dining room where an indulgent organic breakfast is served on gold-rimmed china. The fare’s more than your usual ham ’n’ eggs – banana nut bread, fresh strawberries with whipped cream and lemon bread and baked pears with cinnamon raisin toast, all home-made by the innkeeper, Caroline.
- Dress code Mrs Smiths, long skirts to swoop along the polished wooden floors; Mr Smiths, should do their best to be as refined as Rhett.
- Top table Take afternoon tea out on the front porch.
- Last orders Breakfast is on offer from 7am until 10am. Help yourself to Caroline’s cake at any time of day.
- Room service None.
There’s no bar but guests are welcome to bring their own alcohol and enjoy it wherever they like. Tea, coffee, iced tea and lemonade are also laid out.
Stonehurst Place 923 Piedmont Avenue NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309-4108
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Stonehurst Place
Fresh flowers in your room on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We like the peace of upstairs: plump for either the Master Suite for its sloped ceiling, sleek wooden floors and bed, fireplace and spa tub in its own angular alcove, or the Gables up in the eaves for its contemporary leather headboard, worn wooden beams and ecclesiastical window. There’s also a shower that will really drench you (it’s got three heads).
A tipple or two for nightcaps by the fire; board games to play on the porch.
There might not be a spa, but in-room massages, manicures and pedicures can be arranged at the click of a frazzled finger.
From the Guestbook…
Stayed at Stonehurst Place for four nights. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Owners were fantastic hosts. The breakfasts were delightful and there was a beautiful porch to enjoy ...more