Style Safari cool
Setting African bush veld
This boutique safari lodge in the Kruger National Park has its own private waterhole where giraffes come to drink. Royal Malewane hotel guestrooms are done out in impeccable colonial style, with mahogany four-posters, open fireplaces (lit for you nightly), limestone bathrooms with freestanding tubs, and huge windows with views that mean you're on 24-hour safari.
Need to know
- Rooms Six luxury suites, one Royal suite and one Malewane suite.
Double rooms from AU$2086.17 (ZAR19,737), excluding tax at 14 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (ZAR19,737) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include meals, local drinks and game drives. Royal and Malewane suite rates include a daily massage, a private chef and a private butler.
- Facilities Spa, gym, library, gift shop, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: air-con, open fireplaces, mosquito nets, minibar with free bottled water, roll-top baths and Molton Brown toiletries. Royal and Malewane Suites have flatscreen TVS and DVD/CD players.
- Poolside Each room has a private pool. There is also a 25-metre pool at the spa.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible depending on occupancy. Guests are welcome to use the hotel facilities until their flight leaves. Check-in, 2pm.
- Children Over-12s are welcome. The Royal and Malewane suites are suitable for under-12s, or if the lodge is booked in its entirety. An extra bed and babysitting can be arranged free on request.
- Also You can rent the whole lodge (eight suites) for R162,000 a night. Smoking is allowed outside on the decking.
Food and drink at Royal Malewane
- Hotel restaurant The Afro-Mediterranean menu makes use of local ingredients such as delicious game and rainbow trout. Meals are served in several locations around the lodge, from silver service in the dining room, to Bedouin tents and bomas. Meal times are flexible.
- Dress code Light-weight tropical.
- Top table In the boma, under the stars.
- Room service The kitchen endeavours to accommodate all guests' wishes.
- Hotel bar There is a complimentary minibar in all rooms.
Royal Malewane P.O.Box 1542, Hoedspruit, 1380, Kruger National Park, 1380
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Royal Malewane
A complimentary 30-minute African Balancing massage
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Royal and Malewane Suites accommodate four people in two en-suite bedrooms and includes the services of a private chef, private game drives and four daily massages for the suite. The luxury suites are ideal for couples, and include open fires, indoor and outdoor showers and large decks with private pools.
There is a low malaria risk, so pack some pills. Practical shoes, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses are a good idea, as is a zoom lens for you camera.
The Waters of Royal Malewane Bush Spa is located in a serene natural setting and offers a wide range of indulgent body treatments and hydrotherapies using local minerals.