Style Leisure, luxury and linens
Setting Cycladic volcano summit
Soaring over the rocky heights of the southernmost tip of Oia, Santorini, Mystique hotel’s cloistered quarters will not only appeal to the ‘no cameras’ contingent but also to those wishing to step out in style. The mood is one of laid-back luxury; the only thing to distract you from the tranquility of the sea is the mind-blowing vista of the caldera cliffs.
Need to know
- Rooms 22 suites and two villas.
Double rooms from AU$644.93 (€481), excluding tax at 6 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€481) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include American champagne breakfast, airport transfers, wine and welcome platter on arrival, and entrance to Vedema Resort's fitness centre.
- Facilities Spa, valet and butler service, private dining, DVD/CD library, free WiFi throughout, air-conditioning, gym. In-room amenities: plasma TV, DVD/CD player, free minibar and daily fruit platter, Ex Voto toiletries.
- Poolside The stylishly curvaceous infinity-edged pool overlooks the caldera sea. You can sup a smoothie or a cocktail from the Aura pool bar, admiring the oceanic panorama from the comfort of your calico sun lounger.
- Check-out Midday. Depending on availability, late check-out can be arranged but is subject to an additional charge.
- Children Due to the precarious cliff-top spot, this hotel is not suited to small children; over-14s are welcome, though. An extra bed can be put in rooms (€120–€160).
- Also No pets. Smoking is only permitted outside.
- Hotel closed 31 October to 15 April.
Food and drink at Mystique
- Hotel restaurant The linen-clad tables of the Charisma restaurant offer uninterrupted views of the sea and the refined Mediterranean menu nods particularly to Greek cuisine, focusing on luxuriant combinations of local ingredients.
- Dress code Blend in with the furniture in cool, crisp linen.
- Top table All tables have the essential caldera panorama. Nab one of the indoor spots when the wind picks up – the ultra-wide glass doors still allow for jaw-dropping views.
- Last orders The kitchen closes at 11.30pm but the barman keeps on refilling glasses until the last guest turns in.
- Room service 24 hours.
- Hotel bar Make a beeline for Aura, the dinky pool bar, at sunset and order the speciality – a secret concoction known as the Mystique. Alternatively, meander down to Secret, the ancient atmospheric wine cave, to taste some intriguing local potions.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Mystique Oia, 84702, Santorini, 84702
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Mystique
Wine tasting for two in the 'Secret' wine cave
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All Mystique’s suites are spacious and airy with camera-pleasing private terraces overlooking the sea. Room 16’s generous terrace provides the most impressive view, while snug and slinky Room 7’s harmonious layout is a visual delight. If you’ve forgotten to freeze your gym membership, plump for a spa-inspired Spiritual Suite. These deluxe pamper-zones are kitted out with fitness equipment (Jacuzzi, exercise machines and spa bed), while the two villas offer a sense of seclusion that is perfect for honeymooners and seasoned romantics alike.
Heidi Klein swimwear and comfy shoes to negotiate Oia’s cobbled alleys. Keep something warm in reserve in case the evenings get gusty.
The imaginative minibar is a favourite feature: champagne, Metaxa, digestifs, pink lemonade and more. The Asian Spa has two elegant treatment rooms, where guests can be pampered with a therapeutic massage, cleansing scrub or rejuvenating facial.
From the Guestbook…
A fantastic hotel with one of the only properly private positions in the village of Oia. The hotel staff are helpful, friendly and have a list of good ideas for things to do, if lo...more