Kapari Natural Resort
Style Neutral shades, cool caves
Setting Volcanic viewpoint
Kapari Natural Resort in Santorini’s Imerovigli village is a smooth wedding cake of a hotel, with all the caldera cool you’d expect: cavernous rooms, neutral hues and a whole lot of white and blue.
Need to know
- Rooms 14, including five suites.
Double rooms from AU$328.37 (€250), excluding tax at 16 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€250) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include a buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Lounge, DVD library and free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, air-conditioning, minibar, Duxiana beds and Pascal Morabito bath products. Some have a Jacuzzi.
- Poolside There’s a small heated pool on the lower deck and various sunlounger-lined terraces across the grounds, including one with a hot tub.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible on request if there’s availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Ideally over-14s only, but this can be negotiated. Cots for babies are free; added sofa beds cost €120 a night.
- Also Pets can be accommodated if you ask in advance. There’s no spa, but a therapist can be summoned for in-room massages and treatments.
- Hotel closed November to March.
Food and drink at Kapari Natural Resort
The restaurant serves amazingly fresh Mediterranean fare, out overlooking the Aegean or inside in the oatmeal-and-white dining room. Menu highlights include squid stuffed with fennel, grilled peppers and smoked cheese, lobster and salmon ravioli with an ouzo-tinged white sauce and shrimps, and the simple-sounding but delicious Santorini cheese pie. Breakfast is served here, too: expect a bounty of bread and pastries baked on site, fresh fruit and thick Greek yoghurt.
- Dress code Cool, casual and crisp linens and cottons: think Wimbledon on sea.
- Top table Chances are you won’t want to miss the views out on the terrace, but cool down on one of the banquettes, beneath the hammered-metal-dome lighting.
- Last orders Breakfast times can be flexible but are roughly 8.30am–11.30am; there’s no set service for lunch, just a light snack menu that runs all day; dinner is on offer from 7pm until midnight.
- Room service Food can be ordered 24 hours a day: hot meals up until midnight, snacks, salads and sandwiches afterwards.
The bar shares the same cave as the restaurant, mixing mojitos until the last guest wants one, as long as it’s before 1.30am.
Kapari Natural Resort Imerovigli, Santorini, 84700
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Kapari Natural Resort
Free airport pick-up and a plate of fresh fruit on arrival
Current offers at Kapari Natural Resort
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love Room 102 for its bed in the loft, reached by climbing a set of whitewashed steps, and its luscious light, which streams in through duck-egg-blue shutters. Keen cooks will enjoy the cute concrete kitchen and big dining table in Room 104. Rooms 203 and 204 are right by the pool, so may not be the quietest.
Avoid getting mocked by the locals and pack some sensibly sturdy flats; Mr Smiths wouldn’t look out of place in a slick Panama hat.
Families and groups can book three, four or five rooms at a time to make a private dwelling with its own courtyard.
From the Guestbook…
I'm normally too lazy to write reviews on websites like this, however having just returned from a blissful three days at Kapari I feel compelled to do so. The hotel is just the rig...more